MIKIE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by epicurean, Nov 23, 2002.

1. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I just read your reply to Annette2,and was wondering about your Costo. shots.
    What did he/she give you,and how awfull was it?My pain managment Dr. mentioned it the last time I saw him.and I see him again the 5th.I guess the shots couldn't be much worse than hurting so bad I was in bed for 5 days.Plus it never goes away.just becomes livable.
    Do you think it was worth it,and would youj do it again??!!
    Thanks for your input& mmay you stay pain free.
  2. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I just read your reply to Annette2,and was wondering about your Costo. shots.
    What did he/she give you,and how awfull was it?My pain managment Dr. mentioned it the last time I saw him.and I see him again the 5th.I guess the shots couldn't be much worse than hurting so bad I was in bed for 5 days.Plus it never goes away.just becomes livable.
    Do you think it was worth it,and would youj do it again??!!
    Thanks for your input& mmay you stay pain free.
  3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

just bumping myself till Mikie logs on!!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My doc used some kind of numbing med, probably Lidocaine, and a steroid, I don't know which one. The Lidocaine almost immediately starts to numb the area, so the doc went slowly so the area would be numb when he had to start moving the needle around a little to ensure he was getting the right spot. I have a very high pain tolerance and found it to be mildly painful until the Lidocaine numbed the area. After that, it was nothing.

I am not a proponent of steroids, as y'all know, but when pain radiates to other areas of the body and becomes so painful one cannot sleep, I think the use of local steroids are warranted.

The trick is to get a good doc who can find the right spot for the injection. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. epicurean

epicurean New Member

for your reply.Like you said,this would only be done if I again hurt to the point where I can't stand it,and am bedridden with pain.
    You made it sound much less scary than I imagined!!
    I will consider it-esp. since it should last a long time.
    Thanks-and Bless You.