Mikie??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Dec 15, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

can I eat my raisins on the Somer's Diet (er. lifestyle change????) I can't find a thing in the book and the raisins help my system be a LITTLE more regular. I hate prunes! She says grapes and prunes are OK, but no mention of raisins; what do you think???
    Thanks,
    Kady
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I read your other post & checked my 3 somers books & nothing either. I know how you can find out for sure. Suzannesomers website has a spot where you can ask questions. She WILL answer. People are always asking questions about a particular food. Hope this helps....Amy
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

will do that very thing!!!
    With love,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 12/15/2002]
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I WAS LOOKING AT THE LIST OF FRUITS, AND NOTICED THAT RAISINS WERE NOT LISTED ... ARE THEY CONSIDERED FUNKY FOODS? Raisins, like all dried fruits, contain a high concentration of sugar, so we recommend limiting your intake on Level One.
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I WILL limit them, but I think I need a few to help the old elimination problem; although, I am happy to say that 3 or 4 Senokot S every night ARE helping this yukky problem somewhat!!!
    Thanks so much!
    Kady
  6. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I plan to start somersizing after Christmas. I really need to take some of this load off that CFIDS has given me. I could really care less what I look like these days but maybe I could get up & go more if I wasn't carrying so much! Best of luck. Amy
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry I missed your post. Dried fruits contain, I think it's sulpher dioxide, which is not supposed to be good for us, so typically, dried fruits are not recommended. Like everything, though, you can usually get by with something small like this if you adhere to the rest of the diet.

I have found that eating like this can produce constipation so about three times a week, I put some orange Metamucil or Citracel in a small glass of lite Cranberry/Raspberry juice. It does the trick. It does use up precious carbs, but if you can't go, you can't lose :) I drink a ton of water too.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]