Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay2, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

I just answered your question under health care that you asked me about. Will delete this after I know, that you have seen it. Love Linda
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think we may have a problem here. I just found out that this is an MLM. If you are involved in marketing this service, you cannot post here asking anyone to contact you for more info.

Love, Mikie
  3. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Mikie I dont sell anything. See that was why I wanted you to check it out !!! Love, Linda

[This Message was Edited on 12/18/2002]
    Mikie I had to chuckle at this, because there is one job that I have not done in my life and that is sells :) I haven't told anyone to call or e- mail me except for you, because I want you to be able to explain it better then I can. Just trying to be helpful! I understand you having to check though! No problem. Love Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2002]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the assurance. I appreciate it. As you know, we do have to be diligent here. Thanks for your understanding.

Love, Mikie
  5. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Gosh, I have been running allll Morning and just got home. Thanks for replying also. So how do we let all these people know? There all alot of people who dont have health care. Did you go into care entree and research it? It is great.One of my doctors is on the list here in Knoxvile. You have a great day. Take care, lOVE lINDA
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yeah, my doc is on it and I plan to ask him about it when I see him. It's a really novel idea and could be the answer to our health care crisis, or at least, part of the answer.

It's OK to mention Care Entree here as long as neither of us is profiting from it nor giving out the URL. People can find it themselves using a search engine.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  7. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Thanks. This is the way, I think health care is going to be adventually. I have a doctor appt. next month so I will let you know, how much my appointment is. I was so stressed with my cobra running out, And when I heard about this on the radio while driving, I was in ahhhhh. Like I said I didn't get it right away, I checked everything out first, and talked to the receptionist at the doctors office, and the rep lots of times. Poor guy ha!!! I am really excited about the alternative part of it!! So did you check out? Can you explain it on here? As you can see I am not very good at wording things. I am soooo excited about this. Mikie with me having to pay 20% of anything That I have gotton done, it will probably even out to about the same anyway. Thanks, Linda
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Insurance companies have contracts with groups of docs and hospitals to provide their services at greatly reduced rates. The docs and hospitals have been somewhat held ransom if they wanted to ensure they had enough patients, so they went along with it. Medicare does the same thing and pays the docs according to the Medicare Schedule which is far below what the doc would charge the average Joe walking in and paying case. The docs and hospitals write off the difference between what they value the service at and what they actually receive.

These new groups also contract with the docs and hospitals and charge their members a fee. By paying this fee and belonging to this group, a person can go to the doc without insurance and pay the reduced price which is what the doc would have received from the insurance company plus the patient's co-pay. In other words, you pay for your own services, but at a much reduced rate than if you had no insurance and didn't belong to the group.

It benefits the docs because they don't have to hassle the paperwork and wait for their money. They gotta love that!

Love, Mikie
  9. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Sounds Great!! Love, Linda