Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeLeHpr, Mar 27, 2003.

1. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

How long did it take for the klonipan to reach it reall effectiveness?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Klonopin is pretty fast acting, but it increases in effectiveness during the first week or so. You might have to increase the dose if it isn't working, but it is good to start out slowly.

I slip small pieces of it under my tongue if I get rattled by sensory overload during the day. It works within 5 mins. If I am really late taking it in the evening, I will hold the tablets under my tongue for a bit before taking them with water. It brings on the sleepiness faster that way.

Love, Mikie
  3. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I appreciate your response..It has been such a Godsend for me...I am not sleeping over 5 hours and able to somewhat function normal..Also, I would swear it helps with the pain??? Or maybe it is just in my head..Either way I am impressed...
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is a new study to determine whether the Klonopin disrupts the pain signals in the brain. Seems it may also act as a pain killer.

Love, Mikie
  5. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Mikie,

You are a palethera of info!!!! Where do you find all of your information????

Thanks agian! Many soft hugs, LELE
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have much more knowledgeable people here who kindly share their knowledge with us. In the beginning, I read everything I could get my hands on. I no longer research at that level, so I am getting a little out of date.

Our Home Page here usually has some interesting and up-to-date articles. The articles change all the time. Our library is a wealth of info. Doing web searches also has helped me with research.

The biggest help is just coming here and learning from our own members.

Love, Mikie