MIKIE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ejay, Mar 29, 2003.

1. ejay

ejay New Member

PLEASE CHECK FOR MSG UNDER NEED WEBMASTER BY EJAY
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you are having someone over. Perhaps this person will be able to get at the bottom of the problem. It may be just a computer fluke, but hackers use other people's computers all the time. It is possible that Shirl's computer is also being used in this manner.

Never use the same password on any site you visit. Always sign in manually and do not let the program sore your passwords. Write them down if you have to.

If you do any kind of online banking, always clear you cookies and erase your history after you are done. You do this by clicking on Tools at the top of the page and then on Internet Options. Don't keep you banking account on your "Favorites" list.

Many "experts" will tell you that your computer cannot be hacked when the modem and computer is off, but it's not true. A PhD in computer science who is a local professor says a good hacker can turn your computer on unless you disconnect the phone line, the ethernet cable or the power to the modem. I always pull the power cord out of the back of the modem whenever I trun off the computer.

Love, Mikie

3. ejay

ejay New Member

mikie your are a Godsend my hubby and i are so illiterate to all this you helped so much at a time when so much is hitting us thank you from the bottom of our hearts.SANDI[EJAY]@HARRY
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used to be on the cutting edge of computers waaaaay back when they were first being used in business (I learned on a $2.6 million CAD/CAM system. Computers were so primative that when one turned them on, all the screen displayed was a little blinking cursor. If you didn't know DOS commands, you couldn't do anything.

Well, over the years, as computers became more and more user friendly, and thus more complex, I got left in the dust. This technology has moved so fast that I have not been able to keep up. I do not consider myself very computer savvy anymore.

I do thank you, though, for your sweet words, and I am glad if I could help.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]