Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fern, Jun 15, 2003.

1. fern

fern New Member

Thanks for your reply to the question about stiff hands. This is interesting about the development of OA after a period of time. Could you tell me more about the Guai?
    So does the OA prevent you from using your hands for any special tasks?

fern
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

OA causes swelling, stiffness, and pain. I tried to take golf lessons a few years back and had to give them up as just gripping the clubs would make my hands so stiff and sore the next day that I could do nothing with them.

The Guai treatment is a complex protocol and the best way to learn about it is to buy Dr. Paul St. Amand's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA." It's an inexpensive paperback available online or at Barnes & Noble. It's an excellent book on FMS whether or not one decides to try the Guai.

My hands used to hurt so bad that even slightly bumping them would almost make me cry. I am very glad that they are so much better now. A little gift from the Guai that I was not expecting.

BTW, if you do a search here, it should bring up a ton of posts, both pro & con, on the Guai treatment. There are several of us here who have greatly benefitted from this treatment.

Love, Mikie
  3. fern

fern New Member

Thanks for all your help. I will do some reading.
    My Mother had Osteoperosis and died from resulting conditions from it. This is a point of concern to me especially because her Mother and Grandmother also had the same.
    Do you know if they would be a benefit from the guai for this?
    Again thank you for your reply and I will be sure to use the search as you recommended and see if I can find the book on FMS.

fern
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is an interesting question. Dr. St. Amand states that the Guai will pull the phosphate debris which has been deposited in crystal form from our soft tissues (this is all explained in his book), but he says that the OA caused by the crystals in our joints is permanent and cannot be reversed. After about a year on the Guai, I noticed that my hands were no longer swollen, stiff, and painful.

I wrote to Claudia, his nurse, on his website and mentioned it to her. She said the Guai has had the same effect on her OA too. She wasn't sure why, but theorized that when FMS symptoms are reversed, the surrounding tissue has a chance to heal, even the joints.

Now, there has been some info lately that the Guai works but not for the reasons originally put forth by Dr. St. Amand. If this is true, it may explain why the OA also improves. At this point, we just don't know.

The Guai is so benign a medication, with so few side effects, that I think we have nothing to lose by trying it. It's a long-term treatment and demands a commitment, but if it works as well for others as it has worked for me, it is well worth it. I've been on it two years.

It took about a year for me to really see consistent results except that it almost immediately relieved my Fibro Fog. That sounds like a long time to wait for a treatment to work well, but if I hadn't started the treatment, I would most likely still be on Morphine for pain and possibly worse. Time goes by anyway whether or not we use treatments.

AJME, a member here, speculated that the mucus-thinning benefit of the Guai may also help get rid of one of the breeding grounds for pathogens in our systems. Seems the little critters like mucus because it keeps oxygen from circulating in the body.

Love, Mikie
  5. fern

fern New Member

Again so many thanks. It sound like something to really look into.
    I'm glad that you have found so much relief.
    I truly appreciate your time in writing such an in depth reply.

fern
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My pleasure. After you have read the book, you may have some questions and there are several of us here who are on the Guai and will be happy to answer them for you.

BTW, there's so much info in the book that it may take several passes to really get it all.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]