MIKIE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Momskelleygirl, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE EMAIL IN MY PROFILE. I THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY, SINCE I HAVE SEEN OTHERS DO IT.

THE ONLY REASON I DID IT, WAS BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE SAYING THAT WE NEEDED SOMEONE TO ORGANIZE THE EMAIL CAMPAIGN, AND I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW ELSE WE COULD KEEP IN CONTACT.

I THOUGHT THAT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE ENERGY, OR IN TO MUCH PAIN, THAT I COULD GET ALLL THE ADDRESSES, SAMPLE LETTERS, AND THE REST OF THE LEG WORK SO THEN THEY COULD JUST PUT IN THEIR OWN WORDS WHAT THEY WANTED TO SAY, AT THEIR OWN PACE AND SEND THEM OFF.

I DIDN'T MEAN TO BREAK THE RULES, I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP THOSE WHO CAN'T DO ALL THE WORK THEMSELVES. AS I FOUND OUT DEPENDING ON HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU WANT TO CONTACT CAN BE HARD AT TIMES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON HOW I CAN GET THIS OFF THE GROUND AND START ORGANIZING THIS WITHOUT BREAKING ANY RULES I WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.

IF ENOUGH OF US GET ENVOLVED (THAT MEANS MAYBE EVERY WEEK SEND LETTERS TO THE SAME PLACES WE'VE SENT THEM, AND SEND TO MORE THAN 4 OR 5 PLACES) IT WILL BENIFIT ALL OF US. IT WILL ALSO BENIFIT THOSE UNLUCKY ONES WHOSE DOCTORS SAY THEY ARE HEALTHY SO THEY GO HOME AND SUFFER EVEN MORE THEN WE DO, BECAUSE THEY REALLY BELIEVE THEIR DOCTORS KNOW EVERYTHING.

ONCE AGAIN SORRY, AND I JUST EDITED MY PROFILE AND REMOVED MY EMAIL, BUT PLEASE HELP ME COME UP WITH AN IDEA ON HOW TO DO THIS.

KELLEY
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is not against the rules to place your e-mail address in your profile nor to post it here. Sometimes it is the only way our members can contact one another.

What we have done is warn our members that there is risk involved in posting an e-mail address in any public forum.

What is against the rules here is to solicit for membership on another board or to solicit money. It is also against the rules to post URL's here.

If you want to have some kind of organized e-mail advocacy effort, and you want to give out URL's of places to e-mail, I would suggest you have those interested in participating e-mail you for the list. If you do this, I would also suggest you use one of the free Yahoo or MSN e-mail addresses just for this effort. Do not give out your regular e-mail address.

I reiterate to everyone that there is risk in providing you e-mail addresses because there are lurkers out there who scour public message boards looking for them for whatever purposes they may have in mind.

Love, Mikie
  3. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

the one i had listed was one of the freebies ut there, actually one was right, fibrofog hit, and kind of mixed uup on listing the other, so noone could even figure it out.

Cut, right now that has to wait going through major flare including migraine so bad, i would rather be in labor or delivery right. talk to yo in a few days hopefully.

Thanks, I am trying to be very careful about this. I just have a need to do this,

god bless and takke care,

Kelley
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm not completely sure we are on the same page here, so let me make a clarification. We can post our personal e-mail addresses, but we are not allowed to post URL's to websites, our own or otherwise, in our profiles or here.

I hope this helps.

Love, Mikie