MIL Surgery on Monday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My MIL will be having surgery to remove about 2 feet of her colon and 5 inches of her small intestine. They are also taking out her gall bladder because she has gall stones and they don't want to do a second surgery if they get worse.

She has a very small cancer up high in the colon. The doctor said he thinks they caught it early enough so that it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes. We won't know until they biopsy the lymph nodes.

Mom is 81 and very fragile. She will be in the hosptital 7 to 10 days if all goes well. Then home. I will probably take a week of to stay with her because I'm worried about her being alone.

Does any one have experience with this? Is it reasonable to think she will be able to take care of herself when she comes home? I'm worried about them sending her to a rehab center because she will think it's a nursing home.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Sorry to hear about your mom. My dad had this surgery about 2 1/2 years ago. He was 66 at the time. I don't blame you for wanting to take care of her. Dad came through the surgery fine. Best of luck to you

Andrea