Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Anafun, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Anafun

Anafun Member

I recently got admitted to the hospital with chest pain and abdominal pain...they made a diagnosis of a viral syndrome.I went through a lot of tests.My PCP recently called me about my echo report that i have moderate Tricuspid regurgitation,Mild Mitral regurgitation and my pulmonary systolic pressure is 41mm of Hg
    ie mild pulmonary artery hypertension.
    I am really worried as i dont think i have any of the secondary causes of pulmonary hypertension i am quite slim,never took diet pills ,no sleep apnea ,no cyanotic heart disease,no connective tissue disorder..
    i am seeing a cardiologist in 3 weeks but i am really worried
    i have CFS so it is difficult to tell which symptoms are due to dizziness,fatigue,shortness of breath on exertion etc.My heart shows no signs of heart failure.
    Any thoughts?
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

so how does this relate to blood pressure? I have likely diastolic dysfuntion and possible mitral valve issues but not stuff most cardiologists would care about at first glance, but I have the low b/p and failed tilt table with the hypotension issue

This sounds like high b/p?
  3. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Anafun, I would do some major research on this. There are a lot of causes and your doctor caught it soon enough so a lot of treatments. Being informed, I found, is the best way to alleviate fear.

simondb.... PH does not relate to blood pressure.PH is increased pressure in the pulmonary arteries. These arteries carry blood from your heart to your lungs to pick up oxygen.

4. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

If one has diastolic heart failure (with the heart not getting enough
    blood pushed into the heart fast enough), wouldn't that make it
    more difficult for the pulmonary artery to push enough blood OUT
    of the heart (because there just isn't enough)? I.e., couldn't that
    cause pulmonary hypertension?

Have no idea if this is a credible idea...anyone?