Military Branches Airforce, Marines, or the Army?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aka1977, Jul 17, 2006.

1. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

Hello All,

I have posted before and would like your thoughts on what you think would be the best service choice today, any reasons. I thought my husband was definately going to go to the Marines but know not so sure. I would appreciate any thoughts good, bad , whatever.

Thanks,
    aka1977
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

HI aka1977,

I think any and all are good to choose from.

Weather your in the Airforce, Army, or the Marines you are doing the USA a great service.

No matter which one your husband chooses to be in he will be serving a great purpose. He should be a very proud man no matter which one he serves in. Let him know that he is apperciated and i have alot of respect and honor for anyone who serves this country. He will not be taken for granted. I THINK ANYONE WHO SERVES THIS COUNTRY IS BRAVE AND I ADMIRE THEM I ALSO WORRY & PRAY FOR THEM.

Take care, let us know which one he chooses. TAMMY.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

You forgot the Navy!!! LOL

My father was in the Navy!

And ... I could repeat everything that Tammy just said!

It would be an honor for him to join any of them.

Have you looked up each branch of the military on the web to see what each one's "mission statement" is? That is, what they believe that their part of the military is there for, what they do, how they train, what their part would be when the country is in war status, etc.?

I would read everything that I could search on the web before making a decision. Also, does the post office or someplace offer recruiting information anymore? The town I was raised in always had a Recruitment Office for the military where you could learn the differences of each branch, but that was decades ago!!! LOL

Ask questions like which branch is more "family friendly," -- like where the wife and children can move with him, etc.

You asked for "any thoughts"! Well, this was all I could think of for now!!!

I am sure that your husband will make the right decision for him and his family.

Take care,

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I was in the Navy and my ex was in the Navy and my nephew was in the Navy. You and your husband should be proud of whichever branch you guys choose. There are pro's and con's of each brance. Get your paper out and write the pro's and con's of each and make a knowledgeable choice......SueF

[ advertisement ]