Military Warrant Officer??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aka1977, Jul 19, 2006.

1. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

Military Warrant Officer? 07/19/06 09:51 AM

Hello,

Everyone I have posted a bit with different questions. Well we have talked to a Marine, Air Force, and Army Recruiter. Well the Army recruiter brought up to my husband about WOFT, and being Warrant Officer. Well being my husband would be just joining the Army with no prior service, is this possible? And how does that work then with BT, and school, and pay , BAH, BAS, education, and all that stuff. Anything you can tell me about the it, benefits, upsideds, downsideds, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
    aka1977
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Hi,
    Well my husband went in and was an E1 A Private ,got his education thu the Army went thu the enlisted ranks to E6 sgt. and then they were commissioning Physician Assistants to become Warrant Officers. My husband also finished his College and then was made a regular Officer. So we have a lot of experience with Army Ranks .He went through most of them. LOL That's not an usual occurrence. It happen that way because he was a PA at the right time and had the right education, when he needed it. I'm very proud of him he's worked very hard. He's Retired and finishing up his Doctorate.

I think he could answer you better and I will try to get him on here to do that, when he gets home. Till then if you can tell me what your husbands job is and how much education he has ,I'm sure that will help my husband in answering you also.
  3. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

aka2977, what is Woft? I know what a warrent officer is and it takes some college and stuff like that. As a warrent officer the housing and the pay are better then the enlisted pay. A warrent officer is between the enlisted men and women and below a regular officer. A little more information would be real helpful....SueF
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

this is all public information...

jodie
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Warrant Officers are considered officers.

However, they are really the highest ranking non-commissioned officers.

If individuals take the training to become helicopter pilots, they do not need to have a college education to do it.

The warrant officer receive considerably higher pay than enlisted folks, get officer housing, retirement, etc.

My son was a nuke non-com in the Navy, the HARDEST SPECIALTY IN THE NAVY, AND THE ARMY TRIED TO SCARF HIM AWAY TO BE A HELICOPTER PILOT, AND HIS CO JUST ABOUT HAD A HEART ATTACK.