milk thistle any herxing from it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springrose22, Jul 28, 2006.

1. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I want to take milk thistle, does it cause any herxing or other effects that I should know about? I know that if you take too much, it can give you diarrhea. Thanks. Marie
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I'm not an expert nor do I play one on TV, BUT I've been taking it for about 6 months.. It suppose to help liver funtion and the nutrition doctor on Tv is always saying we should take that along with probiotics...As far as herxing, I've not had any from just Milk Thistle. But then again, I only take one capsule a day when it says to take three a day.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Thanks for replying, I've been taking tylenol for other symptoms, and now, am having some discomfort in right side along with bloating, so am thinking liver problems. Heading to the Dr. for liver tests asap. I'm tired of feeling sick. Take care. Marie
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Definitely get to a dr. as soon as possible. I hope it is something minor. Ask him about the milk thistle and share what he tells you. I'm always interested in learning what I can and I'm willing to share any info. that I'm given also. I'll let you know about the research clinic too. As a RN, did you have any experience with that?
  5. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I take milk thistle daily and it has not had any adverse effects on me. In fact, the opposite. When I am having to deal with toxic overload e.g., when on antibiotics, after a mammogram, I take extra milk thistle to help clear away the vertigo and nausea that I get. I do not claim, however, that it does not have a herxing effect of everyone - each of us are so different.
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

always did. I prefer dandelion for detoxing, its much more gentle for me.

jeanne
  7. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Well, I've taken it twice now, and no herxing, but not feeling better either: bloating in upper/mid abd. with nausea. Will get to a Dr. Can hardly sit here. Mrpain, no experience with any research clinics, but I would be very cautious with those. Thanks all. Marie
  8. joanng

joanng New Member

I started Milk Thistle about 2 weeks ago and just added Dandelion and haven't had any problems. I take them 3 times a day.