Milk thistle beneficial for liver during chemo - new study

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Dec 31, 2009.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Interesting study published in the online journal Cancer (sponsored by the American Cancer Society):

12/14/09 - Milk Thistle Protects Cancer Patients from Chemotherapy-Associated Liver Toxicity

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have seen more and more stuff about milk thistle that is really promising.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

ever since I did a liver detox back in 2003, which was really important for improving my overall digestive health. Equally important were the digestive enzymes and HCL which I started taking as well. I cannot recommend these highly enough.

Milk thistle is huge in Europe for liver issues, and is highly recommended by many doctors in the U.S. too. My sister-in-law who first beat leukemia back in the early 1980's, and then hepatitis C in the late 1990's (from a blood transfusion from the leukemia) took milk thistle for her liver, among other things, as recommended by her doctor. She beat the hepatitis C as well, after doing the interferon protocol, which can be quite rough. I don't know if I could do what she did.

Anyways, some people want scientific studies before giving milk thistle a try, so here's one.