Milnacipran

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seangel, Mar 15, 2006.

1. seangel

seangel New Member

Hi All, I'm thinking of getting a prescription for Milnacipran to help with pain and depression. Has anybody had any experience with this drug? I currently take prozac but am looking for something that will also help with pain.
  2. KerryK

KerryK Member

I don't think milnacipran is approved yet here in Canada and U.S. If you can get it where you are, do it! Please let us know how it works for you. It looks fairly promising from the press releases.

Good luck!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have been starting out slowly and working my way up...i am hypersensitive to meds...allergic reactions even to ad's...i got huge for me off from prozac...welbutrin...cymbalta...

the first month on vavactil i lost 15 lbs..i do not know if i have lost anymore because i threw out my scale in novmemb er...too depressing for me....

this med si supposed to relieve some pain...it has some...but the weather out here in cali has been raining really bad,,,so i have been flaring i have a lot other things going on besides the fibro...i don't know what i would feel like w/just fibro...

search you med on mayoclinic.com...it is a great resource from drugs and other things...

jodie