Mind, Body, Spirit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mellow, Oct 21, 2002.

1. mellow

mellow New Member

I'd like to know if anyone has read the book "Fibromyalgia and the Mind, Body, Spirit Connection. I am currently reading it and finding it very interesting. I would like to hear from others who may have read it and what they thought of the ideas in the book.

Mellow
  2. mellow

mellow New Member

I'd like to know if anyone has read the book "Fibromyalgia and the Mind, Body, Spirit Connection. I am currently reading it and finding it very interesting. I would like to hear from others who may have read it and what they thought of the ideas in the book.

Mellow
  3. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

but will look for it. I love to read, but really have a hard time concentrating now. Right now my life is the best it's been since my car accident and this dd started in 2/00!
    Now matter how happy or positive, it does not effect me physically. For me, personally, exercise is NOT the key to recovery. Even simple stretch's or a 2 block walk produce a negative outcome. I walked 2 blocks last Sat. and could feel that ole exhaustion nipping at my heels. I pushed myself for months in the beginning of the year and had to sleep all of June, July, and finally was back to 'normal', although my all over pain has increased and become so intense, I'm on more pain med's, thank God! I also have Chronic myofascial pain, so any upper body work, neck, shoulders produces intense nausea for a week.
    I wonder if I do have CFS too? I was diagnose w/ it and on St. Disability back in '91. Then I was hospitalized w/ Crohns in '93, so thought, after researching Crohns, it was to blame for my severe exhaustion. But I don't remember having sore throats or swollen lymph nodes, although I did run a low grade fever all the time.I also have psoriosis, which is auto-immune and hypoglycemia. I have a weakend immune system now, and worked at a pre-school in 99-00, and was out ill w/ a virus every other week! The Director told me'just take vitamin c'. As a child I had severe, debilatating headaches (muscle-tension in hindsight)and as a young adult, so bad I dreaded when they came on because they'd last a month and no OTC pain reliever would help. I have a fibroid tumor now in my uterous, and had one removed from my breast at 18.

There is SOMETHING very definately wrong w/ my body! I and KNOW it'd all connected, from all of the research I've done!
  4. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

battles all at the same time, Blondie. Sorry you have so much pain and misery and weakness. Hopefully in the future you will feel well enuf to institute at least a moderate program of exercise. USUALLY mild, consistent exercise is quite a help, but your body and hopefully your doc knows best. Get well, ya hear! God bless, Al
  5. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

6. mellow

mellow New Member

I understand what you are saying about exercise. I was the same and got to the stage where I was too scared to walk because of the pain I experienced. I started very slowly and carefully. I figured even 5 mins. was a start and once I started I very gradually built up the time to 30 mins. If I can't do this on any day I don't force myself, as I
    have found you have to be careful and listen to your body. I am hoping I can continue to do this as I feel really pleased with myself and feel as if I have achieved something. We are all different and you do seem to have a lot of problems. I hope things improve for you.

Mellow
  7. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

I still walk - quite a lot on weekends actually.
    Then I rest on Monday and of course, Friday, to have energy to spend time w/ my husband on the weekend!!!!

i will look for the book after we move and are settled in. I am very spiritual, so I know i will enjoy it. I just don't like books/authors/people telling me to be positive, happy and I will recover - this is now proven to be a genetic disease!