Mind is going , going , going

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahann61, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

Well I am losing my mind, too.. I am forgetful, lose things, put things up, and then forget where... Lose track of time,day, month, and even the, year....

But, what I am talking about is my mind is constantly thinking... Whatever ,I am doing, it is like a never ending movie... I do not even think it turns off, in my sleep.

And, the things it brings up, I would rather not remember. I will not try to remember stuff from the past.. But, I will be back going through it, and it is like being hurt again, and again......

My DH thinks I have a very good memory...lol .. I do have a good memory ,from the past, it is short term memory that is going too fast...

I go all of the way back to grade school, and relive the times I got hurt.. The boys that got fresh with me.. The time ,I did not have a date to the 8th grade banquet and my best friends did.... They should be little nothings now, but I am back there, and they are real, and I am hurt.

So, I was wondering if this is the FMS.. I have read where we our more sensitive to pain, and etc. The brain doesn't turn off at night ,where we can't get the deep sleep, that normal people get... So, I am wondering if it is me , or does any of you have the same problem ?.. Does your brain keep going places , you don't want to go, over, and over, every day, day after day..???

2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

This is fairly common, I think, with CFS. There are actual brain changes with CFS. Also, pain medication or other types of medication can affect your ability to remember things.

Your post sounds like what I've been thinking lately, and my DH also thinks there's nothing wrong with my memory. However, I know how I use to be and I'm not the same. If I don't write myself notes, forget it! I mean that I forget what I wanted to do ... I've even thought that I could have the beginnings of dementia or Alzheimers. Pretty scary! I have FMS and CFS.

When I talk about this to anyone, they make light of it and say, "Oh, I forget things too." I hate it when other people without the DD's will compare themselves with me that way when I know that they don't have the same problems!
  3. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I have never been dx. with CFS, but I have read the long list of symptoms ,and I do have a lot of them..

I worry about alzheimers, too... I hate to hear people that are normal, brush it off as nothing.. But, when my family starts wondering ,too.. It gets scary, I can care for myself, and sure don't want them to think, I can't..I do have to leave notes around, to take meds, and I still forget to look, at the notes

I told my DH , who is 66 , I hope you never have to take care of me , or have to wipe my bottom. He told me that he wouldn't. I would be in the Care Home, way before then.........
  4. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I have seen a lot of post on fibrofog, but haven't read where anyone has a mind, that is always thinking...

Well, guess it is not always, but I will be doing some mindless task, and my mind goes places in the past.

I want to live for today, and forget the past, but it keeps bringing up little episodes, of the past. I should be able to forget, or at least laugh about it.

I don't think the people around me, do that, I was just wondering if it is normal, for fibrofog.. Guess, I was hoping, I was normal somewhere.lol

Both of my grandfathers, had alzheimers, and I was a nurse, when I was working. I have seen how devastating it is ,for the patient, and the family.. I am very afraid, of ,going there......................
  5. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I will look it up as soon as I can, got to fix supper for my Dh now, hope it doesn't scare me too bad.

I happy for you , your recovery, and accomplishments..
    I have got where i do not like to read, because I have such a hard time, concetrating(prob. m.s,)...

It also makes me hurt all over ,to be still, that long....

I do read the post and tons of info on the boards, can be very interesting.. But, I could not tell anyone what I read, 15 mins. later...........

Would love to know, what you did, to improve, so much...