Mindy

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Nov 14, 2006.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi mindy,
    I wrote you this long message yesterday and I'll be danged if my competer didn't mess it up. I was too tired to rewrite it.
    Just wanted you to know I have been thinking of you and hoping you are okay. I hope the headaches aren't too bad. Mine are still here, live and well. It gets old, doesn't it?
    Take Care of yourself!
    Kellyann
  2. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,

It was so nice to hear from you, made my day. How are the shots going? Do you do it everyday? Have they helped any?

I am still having that temple pain and also jaw and ear...going on 3 weeks with this. Not much seems to help. I am sure it it Lyme related and I wish it would go away...it does get old. The Lyrica has helped with the burning nerve pain...but I don't take it everyday, kind of makes me spacey. I really don't need any help with that. I often think I am really losing my mind. It is scary. I think that is what I miss the most....my brain. I can't seem to do even simple tasks.

Have you used your camera yet? Are you going away for Thanksgiving?

I think I am going to have it at my house. But everyone is supposed to help. I am afraid it will be too much for me......but what can I do. I am really the only one who has the space. My Dad lives in a tiny apartment and everyone else is a hour trip,which I really don't want to do. So....wish me luck. I think I will keep everything simple and accept help from everyone. I just get tired thinking about it.

Hope to hear from you soon. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Mindy
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am so sorry to hear the headache is still with you. It does hurt, I know. mine is the same way. Right in the temple, and feels like behind my eyes like my eyes will bug out any time now. Topamax at 100 mg twice a day sure does help me. Doesn't take the headaches away, but I can almost function, haha! I know what you mean about no brain. I totally forgot my dog's name for 2 days. Could not remember it to save my life. I finally looked on her papers to remind myself, because I was too embarrassed to ask anyone, haha! That bugged me very badly. I've had the dog since she was a tiny puppy, she is 6 months old now. I bought 2 puppies, both are yorkies, their names are Zoe and Xena. They are my babies, it bothered me to no end that I forgot Xena's name.
    I think the shots are starting to make me feel a bit better, it's hard to tell. I do feel soooo tired after taking a shot. I have to take them twice a week. They are very, very painful. The needle is huge. It's an 18 gauge needle if you know how big that is. It makes my leg hurt for days afterwards. I give them to myself high in my thigh. The instructions say to give in a large muscle. I couldn't give them to myself in the butt even if I wanted to, since I can't reach, so the thigh will have to work.
    Well Mindy, I pray with all my heart you feel better soon!
    Try and get some good rest and take it easy. Try to find something fun to do that takes your mind off of the pain for a while. I finally figured out how to load film into my new camera, and have almost taken up my first roll! i know, i'm slow. I'll get them developed and let you know how they turned out, maybe post one of them, haha! I have been so busy quilting. I am trying to make a lot of quilts for christmas presents. Most of them are cheater quilts, you know, fabric panels, but at least they are homemade quilts! I love to sew when I can.
    Write me back soon. Too bad we can't just email each other, huh?
    Take care!
    Kellyann
  4. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,

I had to laugh when you said your couldn't remember your dog's name...that is so funny, it has happened to me. Once I forgot how to spell my grandsons name, could not remember how to write it...crazy huh? See what I mean about the brain thing?

I hope the shots work for you. You are so brave to do that...I don't think I could.

I know we aren't supposed to write other web sites here. But if we go to the other one...we could pm. I will try to find you there. Hope I don't get kicked off here for saying that. Sometimes, I have a hard time writing things because of knowing that everybody can read it...know what I mean?

So nice to hear from you....have a good, restful and I hope and pray less painful weekend.

love Mindy
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I know what you mean about the fibro fog, it gets so bad sometimes, haha!
    If you are talking about lymenet, my name on there is shutterbug. You should be able to find me, I hope nobody gets mad. I don't know why they would.

Kellyann
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I'm going to look for you on the other site.......wish me luck, haha!
    Kellyann