Minnesota husband working and wants me to come up!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 13, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Yuk love the state but he is in Grand Rapids Minn. can we say snow showers and cold.
    God I live in South Ga on the florida line and this was first day it wasnt hot. It was nice around 75 i think.

I want to go so bad but I know i will hurt and be out of it. He will not be home till Christmas Plus I will have to fly.
    I dont mind flying but it doesnt like me I swell really bad and the first day or two I cannot function from pain.

Any ideas the ticket is expensive so when I go I want to stay why? I dont know he is staying in a beautiful place with a lake in the back of him. Which will be frozen soon and snow everywhere.
    How do you take it if you live up North I cannot take the cold, I thought the fronts were bad until I went way up North.
    He is going to be so upset if I do not come and I really miss him. So if anyone has any ideas that would help let me know ok.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I wouldn't go to Grand Rapids for all the tea in Munchkin Land, and
    I'm from Minnesota.

I'd wait for whoever to come home.

I've been here in CA about 40 years now. The weather is nicer here.
    The people are nicer in MN.

(former gopher)
  3. quanked

quanked Member

My husband is heading up to Alberta to work. It gets colder there than it does in this almost mile high berg we live in. I know it is stunningly gorgeous where he is going but I have grown intolerant to the cold.

Not and easy choice.
  4. misskoji

misskoji Member

I live just outside of Minneapolis and I have the opposite problem. I cannot tolerate heat and would have the same anxiety of going south.

The winters here can be very harsh, or very mellow. Last year was very mellow. This year, we have had snowfall already. But that's how MN weather is, you just never know. The snow is almost all melted after today.

I guess if you are mostly going to be inside you have the comfort of being nice and warm and on one of our many lakes to gaze at, it sounds nice.

Also if you are here for more than a few days, you will more easily adjust to the climate change.
    I hope you enjoy your stay here and tolerate it well.

[This Message was Edited on 10/13/2009]
  5. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Oh, hensue,

I'm so sorry for you. I know how badly it is to be without your hubby when you feel so crappy, but I live in the beautiful Rocky Mtns. and it is not so much the cold that gets you as the changing of the weather. You can have all four seasons in one day here and that hurts sooo much more than the cold.

Can he insure that you will have constant heat where you are going, if you do it could help alot.
    By constant heat I mean not having him turn down the thermostat on you to save money or a wood burning stove type that fluctuates. Constant temperature is a big key. You can crank up the heat, close the blinds and imagine you are somewhere else. I have to do that alot. Arizona in the winter would be nice. Just batten down your hatches when the weather is going to change, the high and low pressure changes will break you.

Best of Luck,