Minnesota People...?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redhearts2, Mar 27, 2008.

1. redhearts2

redhearts2 New Member

Looking for anyone from Minnesota with information of Doctors..or just chatting. Thanks :) Boni
  2. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

I am in Fargo... which drs are good in the Moorhead area? I'm looking for a new dr.

3. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

I haven't been here long, and I need a good dr, my GP doesn't pay attention to me, and my dr at the pain clinic won't treat me, just give suggestions.
  4. redhearts2

redhearts2 New Member

Snow bound today....my car was literally buried under two feet of snow,Luckily my young strapping son and his friend dug me out :) But, unfortunately I was forced to shovel the awful wet and heavy snow some...so my poor weiner dog could do his business....imagaine his dicomfort??? LOL My hydro is finally kicking in..TG
  5. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

sorry this is off topic...but my little chihuahua really has problems when the snow is this deep! i had to shovel a space for her, too!

i have a nice GP but he is a family friend and i can't vouch for how he would be if I didn't know him...i sometimes wonder if he would be so accomodating if i was a stranger....

sorry i am no help...just flaring and feeling crappy due to the snowstorm...actually lost cable tv and internet for a while last night...at least we didnt' lose electricity!

i hope you find a good doc....it is such a problem! Pink

6. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

and i noticed that you signed up exactly 2 years ago today for prohealth....

happy anniversary!
  7. redhearts2

redhearts2 New Member

Where in Minnesota do you live? I live on the Iron Range, and we really got hit with the snow ugh!!! I know I will pay tomorrow for the shoveling I did today...Think I'll pass on my P.T. (got enough today). The biggest problems Im having with Docs, is getting into see them 3/4 months sometimes.
  8. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam not from minnesota although I have a lot of family from my dad's side of the family that live near winona!:)

But Iam so happy that i heard from you!!!!!

I had put up a post for you .....I have thought about you and your little wiener doggie:)

You know i have six of the little spoled brats myself hahahaha

Last time I had heard from you ....you were saying you had to give your little boy up.....

My heart was so heavy with worry about you and he and the heartbreak involved in having to give him away......

A few years ago I rescued two red males that are father and son....the father is now diabetic and is blind....he was abused and neglected terribly.....we faithfully give him his required two injections of insulin...and I pick him up a lot and carry him around because i feel sorry for him...but he does really good on his own...

"Ok once in a while he runs into things but for the most he does well....the most important thing to me is that he now experiences love and happiness....so although his life has had a dark side ..........he will live out his days only knowing the bright side and having what he deserves and that is to be loved and taken care of!:)

.....it is so rewarding to see him so happy and now secure...

at first when I got him he was very depressed and would never kiss me....now his "happy meter" ( that is what we call a wagging wiener dogs tail hahahaha) is always going and if Iam sitting next to him he literally will sit up and put his paws around my neck as if to hug me and he kisses me.......

Iam not afraid of doggie kisses:) ( although I know some people are not fond of them and that is understandable)

Anyhow, I have been looking for you and when I saw you talking about your sweet dachshund it made me feel so good!

I do hope that you are able to keep him ...so that you and he do not have to be seperated .....I would live in my car before I would give up my babies......but gosh that is just me most people think Iam crazy.....

Maybe Iam :) LOL!

PLEASE let me know how your doing "PLEASE" and little man wiener too!haha:)

Doxy[This Message was Edited on 04/24/2008]
  9. redhearts2

redhearts2 New Member

and help....1.) in finding a good Dr.- So far made appts. w/2 rheumys, one I can see in June on in Aug. unbelievable it takes sooo long to get in. Now, just a few mins. ago , nurse for appt. in Aug. cancelled on me...dr. on leave of absence until next yr. yahoo..good damn thing i had a back up! I live 120 miles round trip to the largest medical center (Duluth), and with my pain and fibro-fog i find it very difficult to get there. I have no primary care dr. and am in search of a good one there also, have knee problems, seeing a P.T. but, have had to cancel quite a few sessions due to pain,(expecting to get the boot soon).
    This DD is so very frustrating...emotionaly and physically!! I haven't worked since Nov.,depleted my entire savings acct. and have had to live off CC's and family support, humiliating :(, on the brighter side tho, I have been qualified for low rent housing,.and should be able to move in a month....wich, is why I have to give up my dog,(TY Doxy,ur post touched my heart), I do have 2 ppl interested in adopting him, as much as i hate to let him go, i know in my heart that it would be best..for his quality of life...he needs more that i can physically give him.
    Sorry this has gotten so long....just feeling a down..thanks all for listening.
  10. Kae88

Kae88 New Member

Hi Redhearts2,

I know this doesn't help you in finding a DR. but I just wanted to say I am from southern MN.I am so sorry you can't get in to see a DR. until June. That is horrible!! What do they expect you to do for your pain until then?

Do you have Pain Meds. that you are taking now? I know I could not go on living without mine. I would not be able to function at all!

I also feel so sad about you having to give up your little doggie. That is just heartbreaking. I too, have a dog (minature pinscher). I don't know what I would do without him.

He is part of the family,just like having a little kid.LOL! They always love you uncondtionally.He is smarter than some people I know .LOL!

Sorry for getting off subject and also that I can't help you find a good DR. The weather is not good today.Raining for the next several days.YUCK!

It is suppose to get cold,too. I heard maybe snow up north.Hopefully not for your sake. I am having soo much pain right now and I'm sure it is because of this weather. I have been taking my pain meds. but they aren't helping today. I don't know how I am going to make it through the next few days of terrble weather. I bet you are feeling it,too.

Sorry,I got off topic again.LOL Please know I am here if you need someone and I'm sending prayers your way.

Hugs To You!!

11. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Hi! Sorry I didn't respond to your question....sometimes (lots of times) I don't check back after I have posted....I forget...

anyways, I am in Grand Rapids....I go to a family practice doc...but I did go to the pain clinic in duluth...not so good for me....didn't even go to the afternoon session of my intake day...the doc was such a Prick...sorry for vulgar term...but he was! hubby and i went for a lunch break and I told hubby we aren't going back and he actually agreed with me...(we are personality opposites)

I don't go to any PT or chiropractors at anything like that, right now...my daughter's chiro wants to take a crack at me(pun intended!)but I am to the point that I don't believe anything will help and am not willing to put out the energy or money to chase another "cure"....

This weather!!! first snow...now rain...our youngest child is having his First Communion on sunday....i am dreading going out of the house for it....i also have a appointment to get my hair fixed today....I feel sooooo sleepy with this weather....and the random pains...ouch...oh, and hubby is going out of town for work tonight....please shoot me....our two sons are part animal, i think! loud and active...i love my babies to death but sheesh, they wear me out!

Take care! Pink
    [This Message was Edited on 04/24/2008]
  12. 2_TiReD

2_TiReD New Member

Hello everyone-

It is nice to see others on the board from MN. Not nice in the fact that other people have pain and are going through hard times, but....nice that there are others who are kind of close to me. Ya know?

I live in Burnsville, MN: approx. 20 minutes south of the Twin Cities. I have an awesome pain doctor, but he is in Edina, MN and that seems waaaaayyy too far for you "up north" folks. It has been a long, tough road to find doctors who will listen and help, but they are out there.

Good luck!

13. Kae88

Kae88 New Member

I just wanted to say hi since you are from MN.too.I wanted you to know that I had an experience like yours with Pain Spec. and I will never go to another Pain Clinic.

I am sending a prayer your way that you are feeling well for Sunday.Oh,I aiso pray you make it thru until your husband gets home.(HAHA)!

I'm sure you are feeling as bad as I am with this Mn. weather. I hate it! My pain is terrible even with my pain Meds. I also have no energy and severe fatigue. I'm sure you understand it all.

Take Care, Jodie

P.S. I Love Pink,Too!!

14. Emmers

Emmers New Member

Hello! I live in a suburb just south of the Twin Cities. I

see a Rheumatologist in St. Paul. He is wonderful!! I have

only seen him once, as I am newly diagnosed, but he is the

first doctor to actually take the time to listen to me,

take me seriously, and not try to push more

antidepressants on me. I don't know if you are familiar

with Minnesota Monthly magazine, but he was voted as one

of the top 100 providers in the state. Not sure what area

you are in, but if you'd like I can give you his name?

15. Kae88

Kae88 New Member

Welcome,I am from southern MN. I wanted to say hi and am here for you if you need anything.

I,too,am new here so learning like you. It is sooo nice to see I am not alone in this.

I am having alot of pain with this cold,rainy MN. weather.I'm sure you understand how this feels,too.Does the weather seem to effect your pain?

I would love to get to know you.

Take Care, Jodie
  16. Emmers

Emmers New Member

YES!! The weather absolutely affects how I feel. It is

horrible!! I can always tell when the weather is going to

change because I start to feel worse. It is comforting to

be able to talk with someone who can relate! There are a

lot of wonderful people on this board. I am so glad to be

able to communicate with them!! I look forward to getting

to know you!
  17. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Kae88, we were thinking of moving to Burnsville recently! My hubby was applying for a superintendant of schools position and made the final 3....He declined....we are going to stay put for now...it all depends on his contract every three years...it was up for renewal and he wanted a plan B...but I was actually looking for houses online in Burnsville! I am glad we aren't moving...i don't htink I would have survived packing this house up...and not having my dad around to help drive our boys to hockey!

What a small world...and to think I was worried about not being able to meet new people if we moved!

18. frango2

frango2 New Member

I am in the Cities. My Dr. is in Winona, she is really good.

My whole journey with this illness started with Lyme. I saw the tick that bit me, but I didn't know what it was...I just thought it was just this tiny gray bug. I also had a rash, but it wasn't a typical Lyme rash.

At the beginning I had so many symptoms I can't even begin to name them and I really thought I would die. My illness was heavily Neurological.

Now I look most like a CFIDS/ME patient, but I am sooo much better than I was 3 years ago.

So, a big "Hi" to all you other Minnesotans!
  19. redhearts2

redhearts2 New Member

Thank You all for taking the time to answer...its been great to mee all of you...it is a cold and gloomy morning here...I feel so much better when the sun shines and the temps. are up...Summer can't get here soon enough for me..!
  20. Kae88

Kae88 New Member

To All, It is a little sunny but cold & windy,today. Did any of you get any snow? We got a dusting,I would say.This weather is terrible for the pain & so on.

I am so happy you started this thread,Redhearts! It is nice to know some of you are not too far away.

I just heard on news they had 10 1/2 in.of snow by Park Rapids.Yuck!! Hopefully,not any of you.

Hope you all have a good week-end,if that's possible.

Love, Jodie