mirapex usersUpdates??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by obrnlc, Mar 30, 2007.

1. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi, any other mirapex users out there?

I am starting week 5, i think, at 1mg 3/day, and although i was skeptical, i was desparate enough to try ANYTHING!!!!

I am pleasantly suprised that i think my pain levels have decreased DRAMATICALLY! I feel really strange if i take my normal pain meds, so have been experimenting tapering down to see if that is what makes me feel so strange. Sort of light headed and spacier than normal, but definitely less pain. i didn't expect a response yet, the trial dose is 1.5mg 3/day, but started feeling better at 0.75mg 2/day!

takes about a week after increasing dose to get over some minor side effects (nausea, spacy feeling) but i really feel more like i am overmedicated if i take my reg. pain meds (if this is what "high" feels like, i sure don't see why anyone spends money to feel like this, it is weird!)

i am eliminating my kadian and actiq, and lowering my vicodin to 1/2 of a 10mg. tab.

Anyone else have results to share?
    Thanks--L
  2. bluewing

bluewing New Member

I've found I do better on the low doses. The doctor started me off on a very low dose and that first six weeks was the best...I had more energy and felt a little better.
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

thanks blue wing, glad it is working for you, too.

My pain doc was really suprised when he read the study i printed off of medscape that he has never heard of this and why there are no more recent trials, since the results of the limited trial are so good, so i am now his "trial of one". Have a great day--L
  4. jennbug

jennbug New Member

I started mirapex in dec of this year, the rls that I have had all my life stopped immediately. It took a long time to find the right dosage and in the process gained back the 20lbs that I worked so hard to lose. The pain is gone but I have nausea alot. If Iam not careful and start thinking that Iam a normal person I can easily over do it and the pain is back. Iam thinking of going back to sinemet another parkinsons med. but it dose not work on my rls.
    jenn.