"Mirror-ing" Symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by terrifitz, Jul 30, 2003.

1. terrifitz

terrifitz New Member

Does anyone else find that their body sometimes mirrors the syptoms of FM? When I get my TP injections, it is pretty much a sure bet that what needs a shot on my left side, my right side will too. In the exact same place!! Right now my feet are killing me. It started out in my left foot and about 2 days later it is in both. Am I doing this to myself in my head or what??? Somedays I feel so crazy. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks!!
  2. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

My massage therapist who specializes in nueromuscular and myofacial pain always tells me that whenever she massages people with FM she makes sure to massage the opposite side in order to alleviate any pain.
  3. mrscindyau

mrscindyau New Member

I don't know about mirroring, but I have been told (by my Chiropractor and a massage therapist) that when one side is out of whack it will put stress and strain on the other.
    Well Wishes,
    mrscindyau
  4. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Syndrome, the same holds true, also. I have numerous tender Pts (FM)and most are on each side; With my Trigger Points(MPS) I usually tense up pretty tough with ropes & knots, also on both sides of my body, nearly at the same places! On these places if I can't get pressure point release, or whatever, a Lidoderm Patch helps somewhat.
    Love,
    Fibromiester
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That people who only exercise one side of the body gain benefits on the other side. When my arm was casted after surgery, I continued to life weights and work out the good side.

Love, Mikie