Missing classes can I use CFS as an excuse............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephanieW, Nov 16, 2006.

1. StephanieW

StephanieW New Member

I changed careers and am now putting myself back to school. My problem is that I sleep for hours but, I just find it difficult getting out of bed. No matter how long I have slept I never feel refreshed as I always feel like I need more sleep.

I missed alot of classes but, I did not tell the professor that I missed the classes because, I was too fatigued and could not function. She subtracts points for every class missed so I dropped the class because, there is no chance of passing it with her taking points away.

What would you guys do in this situation?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

if so, contact your colleges disability resource department.

now from what i understand my college is that they are supposed take that into consideration for more than the acceptable absences. but they do not have to legally is what my drd couselor said.

try an online course that may help.

i to am changing careers to help me benefit more than what my ssdi is paying. plus just to get out of the house for a bit may do me some good.

jodie
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My son is in college and has CFS. He has contacted disabilities and is a DSS student, but a missed class is a missed class. He could still get knocked down for missing too many. He had a flu bug this week and had to miss 3 days, but I think he'll be OK to go today. You just have to build your immune as best you can and pray not to get sick! p.s. He takes a lot of vit. C daily, and this week was his first "sick" since January.
  4. hob

hob New Member

your school has a disability student services. Mine had one and they wrote letters stating the things I needed to have accomidated for classes. One was a notetaker for the days I missed or the heavy fibro fog days and it also helped my professors understand what was going on. Honesty seemed to be the best policy. Maybe she can have you do something else instead of participation points like reading summaries or something?