Missing FiveSue and Over50...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaR, Nov 13, 2005.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Are you gals o.k?

MamaR
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How sweet of you to miss me. My husband and I were gone for a few days visiting his daughter and family. They live in Chico, CA...about 4 1/2 hours east of us. Jennifer, Jim's daughter, has a 2 year old little boy, Jim's first, and only grandson, and he is a darling. We just love going to see him. My husband is a born grandfather.

The weather was warm, and we had a very nice visit. We stopped along the way on Thursday night, and stayed in a RV park along a river. The fall colors were out, and it was truly like being away from all troubles.

I do hope all is well with you and that life is treating you well. I'm needing to bet dressed now as I have hand therapy in a little bit and then must get a few groceries.

So, thank you again for your concern, and I'll be talking more with you later.

Blessings,
    Sue
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

so happy to hear that you all had a nice relaxing time with family and sweet baby.
    We had a motorhome and stayed in campgrounds, so it can be so nice...especially this time of year. Wish that I could see California!!

I have been gone all day today, and I am so exhausted, but just wanted to check in.

Until later...Mari
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How are you feeling, Mari? I know you had been having some real pain and you were getting an appointment with another doctor...your husband was doing the work...when do you go or did I miss it? Sheesh, I miss my mind! (-:

I am feeling pretty good the last few days, but I don't want to say it too loudly! Getting myself ready to go again for Thanksgiving...my parents and siblings + families live in the same area, so we are all getting together. My dad is terminally ill and I know this will be the last Thanksgiving with him. Very hard to go as I cry a lot over this, but wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm glad I'll see him again after this life. What a hope.

Cleaned out my dresser drawers today and feel fairly productive. Do hope all is good with you and yours. Have you special plans for Thanksgiving? Are you looking forward to it or dreading it because of the effort? I can certainly understand both!

Take care...

Sue
  5. over50

over50 New Member

Thank you for missing me :)
    Well,nothing fatal,just a urinary infection.bladder infection.And I waited too long,then I had to break down and go to the DR.
    So now Im even more exhausted than usual.
    OMG..Thanksgivng coming. I hope you have a loving day with your family.
    Ive been getting weepy too,too much stress with the Holidays.
    Once again thank you for checking on me,you are such a sweet woman.
    God bless you
    Linda
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

It is 10:45 p.m. C.S.T. and I am pooped!

We just returned from meeting for dinner with a elderly couple that are dear friends.

They insisted on cooking for us...and I felt badly because the guy has had back surgery and it looks like he is always in pain(you know...walks bent over)but he wanted to grill ribs so BADLY.

We went and it was really nice to visit with them. I just see them getting older and she has alzheimers (early stage)and know they won't be around long.

My mom and dad are both gone now. My hubby's dad is gone... and his mom is in a center.... as she has alzheimers. It can be sad time of year...but I guess we have to try to find the positive, and pray that we can make it through it with our bodies!!!!

OH ENOUGH SAD STUFF!! It was so good to log on here and see you girls! So sorry to hear about your dad Sue. I know that the holidays are hard...but it is this special time with him! God will help you! I will say a prayer because I know how you feel. I lost my dad to cancer when he was 67. He was my dad and mom in so many ways!!

I wish you the best relaxing time that you can have on Thanksgiving...and hope that your family treats you well.
    It is amazing how we can feel close isn't it?

Linda I was wondering how you were doing! Sorry to hear about the bladder infection. I know what it is like...so try to take your meds and get better. I hope that you have a great holiday as well....and try to not overdo! It is like we can say these things to each other and REALLY know what we are saying..right?

I hope that all goes well for us here. My daughter-in-laws are suppose to do most of the cooking! This is our first Thanksgiving in our new home in Florida! I hope it goes well...we are back around alot of family...know what I mean??

Back at you later....Mari

P.S.
    It means alot to me that you all know I care!! I have always wanted to take care of people...now it's you all!! :) HUGS
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I forgot to answer your question. I went in for a day of tests last Friday.

The new doc is covering all the bases it seems. I had 2-MRI's of my spine and neck, and a CT of my brain...plus xrays and blood work. I didn't think I could stay on those hard tables for 30 min at a time...but I made it...my hips were killing me! I also had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hrs....WOW was that a rough night. I am going back this coming Friday for ultrasound of my heart. After that I guess I just wait on the results and try to stay as much out of pain as I can!

I will let you all know!! Thanks to you and Linda for caring.

Mari
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Glad the tests are over...almost...and will pray for some good results. Your evening with your friends sounds bitter/sweet as you were seeing the mortality of these two dear people and remembering your own parents. Life can be very hard. I expected life to get easier as I aged; boy, was I a dope! (-:

Take care, be good to yourself, and I hope the pain will wane and you can have a good week and holiday.

Hugs,
    Sue
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I hope that I didn't make you sad! I didn't mean to be depressing...I just get off on that track sometimes.

Like you mentioned about how we used to think life would be easier as we aged. Well, it sure isn't anything like I imagined either! But, I try to look around me and see how much worse that it could be....as I'm sure that you do the same. It only takes turning on CNN for awhile. It is just life..huh?

I sure hope that you are having a good day today. you mentioned cleaning out your dresser drawers. That is a lot tougher than it sound...right? It takes mind work and organization! I need to do this plus so much other. I look around and get depressed...if I'm not careful.

So much to do to keep a house up....and I have always been a neat freek. BOY....has that changed!!!

Take it easy.....Mari