Missing my fingerprints - Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by CelticLadee, Dec 23, 2002.

1. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

I have had CFIDS since about spring 2001 but only recently found out what is wrong with me. I have experienced many puzzling symptoms and have been reassured by books I have read and also the input on this wonderful message board. But I have never read about anyone having the skin on their fingertips go smooth on them so now I don't have any fingerprints left. I have a few dry skin line/cracks but zero prints. Is this something any of you have experienced? Does this mean I can't get my passport? Good grief this is a strange turn of events. Please let me know if you have heard of this. Thanks in advance.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/23/2002]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When I read "Osler's Web," I found out this is one of CFID's more bizzare symptoms. Another strange symptoms is the wasting of the muscles of one forearm. Are our illnesses strange or what!

Love, Mikie
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

just looked, no fingerprints.

I think we all are government experiments.

Jaci
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Sorry to be glib, but I can't help thinking that you ladies with no fingerprints could go in for a life of crime in a big way and never get caught!
    KLutzo
  5. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

The problem is I couldn't take the heat.
    The stress from my conscience would cause me to undergo an episode of extreme fatigue so I couldn't get away so they would have me in hand with no fingerprints. ;) Case closed.
  6. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

My job involves handling large sums of money. We are required to be fingerprinted, and have background checks.

They sent my fingerprints back to be redone. Then they came back again. Finally I had to write a letter to go along with a new set explaining that I once worked with chemicals ( I was a hair dresser for about 4 years many years ago), and that's probably why my fingerprints are almost gone. I never questioned it until now.

I never thought it could go along with the "ailments" we have.

Kinsie
  7. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

My mom (who has fibro too) has been fingerprint-less for years now! Her theory was that she wore them down typing on a manual typewriter for a living for years. I never, ever connected that to the fibro until now.

LOL about the government experiments!
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

I still have mine...

but I did know someone who worked with epoxy without gloves (how stupid can one be!), his skin basically just shed, he didn't have fingerprints for several years as a result...not sure if they ever really came back either.

wow,
    V
  9. teacher

teacher New Member

for long periods of time erases your fingerprints also. Just think of all the teachers out there that can join the fray!

I've also been told that if you don't have the half-moons at the base of your fingers that you have a serious calcium deficency.

Hope you all find your prints soon!

teacher
  10. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Ha Ha.....this is why I keep coming back to the board. We can cry and laugh!
  11. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

You know girls, I had never, ever thought about this.

I had noticed that the skin on my fingertips were very smooth, unlike the rest of my skin which looks like I am very, very old.

Just tried it and I can't get a fingerprint either.

It forms an outline but the lines dont' fill in.

I know, the truth is out.

We have been scooped up by aliens and they sucked off our fingerprints. FM AND CFS IS SOLVED.
  12. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

When I got my first job out of college I worked for the Chicago Stock Exchange - they never could get a good set in the year I worked there. Then I started working for a brokerage firm and after about 5 tries - they quit and I worked there for over 8 years.

When I started my current job at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange I told them my problems in the past but they got a good set of prints so now my life of crime is over :) They did it without ink but electronically some way. My sister is a lawyer and she had to have several sets to get a good set....weird.
    nancy
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Only on my thumbs! Wow! That is amazing.I never look at my fingers. Where did you get the info on that, WakeMeUp? That is really weird. I'll have to look at Jim's when he gets home.

I do have finger and toe prints, but they look pretty thin. Wonder if they will disappear at some point? Guess I'll just hang around and see!

Sue
  14. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Haven't got an ink pad; can't check. But my fingertips do feel smoother than I remember. And the half moons are gone from most of my fingers.

You folks are right. Our criminal careers are greatly hampered by the fact that plotting and committing a sandwich is about the most we can do.

And our DNA is changed?
  15. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Nice to find something to laugh at about this illness.
  16. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I knew about the no-fingerprints. Mine are gone. But I didn't know about the half-moons...they are gone, too. I had to know so I pealed the nail polish off (ha ha).

What else?????
  17. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I haven't had the half moons in years..
    when I look at my hands it doesn't look like I have fingerprints.. but.. I just colored my finger with a felt pen and mashed it on paper.. mine are there just light!
  18. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I still have all of my half moons! Well I must be cured!!!
  19. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Well, I had to check, I have prints (I can see them). I have 1/2 moons on some but not all nails. My nails are horribly thin with many ridges and are flat, etc. Just think that it's all from damage.

I like the idea that it's a Gov plot, an experiment that went wrong, an attempt to discover a way to have agents that couldn't be identified! What a book that could make!

LOL :<()
  20. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I only have half moons on my thumbs, too!! Never, ever knew that was a fibro thing --

I still have fingerprints, but they are light and hard to get a good read -- been that way for years.

What is this about our DNA changing??????