Missizzy is Home Sweet Home

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missizzy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Hi all--I wanted to let everyone know that I have returned home after visiting my sweet Daddy in Texas. Man, was that ever an adventure and a half!! Tornados, heat waves, wildfires--you name it--we plowed right on through it. I owe my husband the greatest gratitude as he tenderly took care of me and gently "pushed" and encouraged me when I needed it.

With his help I managed a church service, three dinners out, visits to several historical sites, a dip in the Pacific, and wonderful alone time along the road. I've certainly traveled far outside my box but feel I really accomplished something very special to my heart. Saying good-bye to my Dad was the hardest thing I've ever done but as my ever so practical husband reminded me--imagine the alternative. I worked hard to have my Daddy's last sight of me be of me waving and smiling and throwing kisses. Then I retired into the motor home and cried my eyes out. My husband just kept driving until we got about a mile down the road where he pulled over and held me.

So, I'm home and I'm going to rest up. To all of you who sent warm wishes and encouragement, thank you. I'm going to try to post a photo on my profile page in the next couple of days so you can all see the most dapper man in the world smiling next to his besotted daughter on Father's Day.

Hugs to all of you,

2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Missizzy ~ I'm new to this board, and I just wanted to say that you are truly an inspiration . :)
    I'm a native Texan and still live in Texas but I try not to go outside unless I'm getting in the pool. :)
    Glad you made it safely on your journey.

3. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I could feel your love--I mean it. You, and a few others who are bedbound as I am, truly know what a trip like this means. I'm not sorry a bit but I do hear what you are saying. I'm kind of on a roll tonight but I know the tide's gonna go out. Such is life, right?

I wrote down your email address so you can remove it as soon as you want. I will research this doctor and am anxious to hear more. You know, Wayne's right here in Ashland with me. We've never met but sure want to.

Pansy, my thoughts are with you in that heat. Texans are incredible people but I'll never know how you deal with that blasted heat--even though I lived there for 14 years!!

Jam, you're in my thoughts tonight.

4. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Hi guys--Just wanted to let you know that I posted the photo of me and my Daddy on my profile. It was taken outside his church in Liberty Hill, TX on Father's Day. He was so pleased that I sat next to him through the whole service. The secret was earplugs and a very attentive husband!! Anyway, isn't he a cutie?

5. SGR

SGR New Member

Welcome Home Missizzy! What an adventure! I'm so happy for you that you made the trip and made it back in one piece. I'll bet it has made a world of difference for you. Not only being able to say goodbye to your sweet dad, which is monumental, but to get out and see different things other than the four walls of your home. Your husband is incredible. What a guy! We're all grateful to him, because through you, we got to go on the trip too.

Rest well -

6. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Can you try it again? The new picture comes up when I check my profile. Thank you, SGR, for your kind words. It might sound corny but you guys WERE with me all the way. I can vouch for that.

7. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

new photo.

So sweet.
  8. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I've been a member on this board for a long time, don't post often but read a lot. Just wanted to tell you that I followed your travels to see your dad and looked forward to each update. You are an inspiration to all and I thank you!

God bless,
  9. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I'm happy to see you got the photo up, Missizzy...I just love the joy in both of your faces, and how tight you are holding hands...
  10. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.As someone else posted take it easy now.Sounds like your hubby is one in a million!!I'm happy for you.Hugs,Robin