Missizzy's off for a bit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missizzy, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Hi All--I wanted to practice what I preach and announce a two-three week leave of absence. My dear father is now receiving Hospice care as he is suffering from the end stages of congestive heart failure. I have not seem him since I became ill with this DD four years ago. I am his only child.

I live in Southern Oregon and he lives in Central Texas. My husband is going to drive me down for a visit in our motor home. I'll be taking my laptop and might be able to check in a few times but I didn't want anyone worrying about me. My husband will take good care of me, I can assure everyone. He will not allow me to overdo things. I'll have my knitting and two of my little dogs with me. Our motor home is lovely and has good A/C and a big bed for me to rest on.

I am going to have the distinct honor of spending Father's Day with the best Daddy in the world. The man is sweet, gentle, kind, loving, and had a heck of a baritone singing voice in his day. He's a tiny Irishman so of course his very favorite song is "Danny Boy". He tells me that he's been craving potato chips and wine and has taken to humming his favorite songs.

So, when you think of me during this time, just know that I'll be munching on chips, downing good wine, and listening to my sweet Daddy sing and hum to me. I'll be saying my very humble good-byes. It's going to be tough being a woman without a Daddy. But as he told me last night, he needs to get to heaven to take care of our baby granddaughter that passed last October. If there's one thing that man excels at, it's loving a little girl. He loved me and that's a gift like none other.

Hugs to all,

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I will be sending good thoughts your way.

You must have had a wonderful relationship to write so poignantly about your father.

Best wishes, GA
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

I'm fortunate in having been brought up and cared for even now that's he's in his 80s by a loving father and so have at least a little understanding of how you must be feeling right now.

tc, Tansy
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Have a safe trip to see our dad and just enjoy being with each other. I am sure it will be bittersweet for you but you will treasure being with each other.

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

...so beautifully written!
    I do not know what to say as I adore my father and feel the same way as you do, so the words are not easy to come by for me as I am sad. However, you are obviously blessed to have such a wonderful father and what an incredible thing - to have your Dad look after your granddaughter. That will give you peace forever.
    Please have a safe trip. Cherish your moments. Know that everyone hear will be thinking of you.
    Bless you.