missjoki had received 3 tests? from VIP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Nov 5, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I wonder has she sent them in? When I talk to lab Monday I am going to see how long it takes.
    Has someone posted that and I missed it?
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

Yes, I did get three tests from VIPDx. I ordered one for everyone in my household. But after considering the battle to be fought with my insurance companies x3 I just decided to run mine and wait for the other two to be done when the standardized tests are available.

I didn't want the tests to go to waste so I posted in a few places that I had extra. Both tests are on the way to the UK now.

I have not sent my test in, because I met with a jerk of a doctor who refused. I am meeting with an ID Monday and will hopefully have better luck.

3. hensue

hensue New Member

I will let you know if I send mine in on Monday. I hope so, in my mind or pea brain I figure I havent done enough to give back this year. So hopefully the 650.00 and little bit more will help
    the Whittemore Peterson Institute.

I feel like they are the only ones who are are really trying to find out something.

What is an ID?
    Good Luck! Just tell them like I did, it has also been linked with cancer, that kind of gets more attention.

Take Care
  4. misskoji

misskoji Member

Yes, the net proceeds of the VIPDx testing go to WPI so it's a little comfort knowing some of that money will go to further research. I've also installed an igive searchbar which raises 2 cents with every search query. It can be found at http://isearch.igive.com/index.cfm?b=15271

An ID is an infectious disease doctor. At the last apt. I brought along the article from Science about XMRV which I feel is the most impressive and respected amongst drs. But, it just so happened the doc I saw Tuesday subscribes to the psych etiology theory. To make a long story short, I walked out of that appointment searing mad with nothing more than antidepressants.

I will let you know and please do the same. Best of luck getting yours done! Hey, since we're sending in on the same day, perhaps we will get our results the same day.

Good luck and hugs