Missoji have you had your blood drawn for the vip test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Nov 10, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

We were hopefully going to do this together. Whats up?

2. misskoji

misskoji Member

Thank you for thinking of me. I had an appointment scheduled for Monday morning with an Infectious Disease doctor. The called me Friday to reschedule because I need a longer appointment.

The reason I need a longer appointment is because they want to confirm my Dx of CFS. What a joke, they have all my records from first diagnosis, fevers, infections, ect. through the years, and all my well documented labs and findings from Dr. Lerner. I have a feeling its because the orignal doctor who refered me to the ID doc is unrelenting in his Dx of depression with me. It's sad, it really is. I really wish I was in a position to move to Detroit.

But, I am prepared with my literature of XMRV, Lerner labs and records and all that to give to this doctor when I show up there Thursday morning. So, I am sure hoping this will work out and I will get my results a few days after you.

Please keep us updated. Hey, weren't you going to come to Minnesota?

3. hensue

hensue New Member

I cannot take the cold. I do not know how anyone takes it up there. We had some days in the 50's I thought I would freeze to death.

You are still there right?

4. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

If you have tests that show different from depression, such as MRI or cortisol, be sure and take those.

There are a few abnormalities that CFS sufferers have that does not match the abnormalities of depression.

5. misskoji

misskoji Member

Thanks so much. I do have all those abnormalities and they are in my records. I also have the pertinent lab findings highlited and ready to go with me.

It's just the doctor (and I use that term loosely for him) I saw last week is so bought in to the psycholgical etiology theory. I resented having to see him, but he was my only local GP with my records as I have not seen anyone since Dr. Lerner six months ago.

The appointment was wierd. He was very impressed by the Science publishing I presented him, yet he persisted with Depression surveys. He did refer me to an Infectious Disease doc though, so hopefully she will take me seriously.

Hensue, I am just the opposite of you, I actually welcome the cold most of the time. It's the heat I absolutely CANNOT tolerate. Summers in Minnesota are high humidity and I usually cuddle up close to my air conditioner. :) Winters you will find me outside in my t-shirt until it gets below 0.