Mitie Me is gone.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, May 31, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Last night, was unbearable. Her suffering was too great. We took her to Emergency Vet at 2:00 am and put her down. We brought her back home for the night, then my son and I took her to our vet for private cremation in the morning.

How EMPTY a house is when you loose a dog. Both her and Ellie were a HUGE presence in my house and my life. A part of me died with them. They were my girls, my friends. We still have our cat Cha-Cha, she was here first and outlived all the others. She turned 15 in March.

I NEVER intend to get another animal, not even a fish. I plan to give regularly to an Animal Welfare or Rescue operation in their memory.

Please everyone with companion animals, give them extra cuddles and apprectiate and give thanks for the love they give us.
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

This must have been so difficult for you to do. And now an empty house. Just take your time to grieve. You will be in my thoughts.
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm so Sorry Dear! Hopefully your Pain will Lesson with each comming day,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,Sisland
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. It is an empty house when you lose a member of the family. My thoughts are with you.

Saying a prayer

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice if the poem could come true.

6. kriket

kriket New Member

It's so hard to lose pets, they are like family. Sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.

7. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Sorry to hear of the loss of Mitie Me.Will be thinking of you & your family this weekend,take care,Paul.
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm sorry, Ellie. What a hard time for you. You are in my prayers as you adjust to life without your beloved pet.

I'm going downstairs right now to give Felix a hug.

I think I'm with you and more pets. When Felix leaves us, it will probably be the end of in-house pets. I plan to get involved with animal rescue and adoption agencies when we move, but I don't think I can take the loss and the grief again.

9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

back to the pre-born place where Ellie waits for you.

I have had to help some of my very best friends pass. It is the ultimate kindness and one of the hardest things you will ever have to do.

When you can, be open to "the bending grass."

Peace and healing to you,
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

And remember this time too well. Grief knows no species. That's true of love as well.

Special hugs to you and your family.

from Marta - and Sophie, the cat she said she'd never have...
  11. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry about Mitie Me. I lost my 15 yo cat a year ago and still miss him. My Missy got hit by a truck, she is fine, but when I heard the yelp my heart sank.

I can't imagine losing both my dogs in such a short time. My heart goes out to you. I do understand about not wanting another animal but maybe some day God will send you one that will be with you longer. Take care-Carla
  12. otis89

otis89 New Member

I know of your sorrow, the devastation, the heartache, you will shed alot of tears, i long for my dutchess everyday, but i thank god for bringing her too me when she was just a little baby, and for her to be my constant companion, my security blanket, for 14 years, i take comfort in knowing she was happy, and well cared for, and loved, as was your little mitie me, you have my sincerest sympathies,
  13. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Just wanted to share this with you.
    (((((Gentle Hugs)))))

Remember Our Love

I was chosen today
    I'm learning to fly
    the world took me away,
    but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
    to try and be strong
    so please don't you cry
    and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
    just remember our love,
    I'm up near the stars
    looking down from above.

Remember our love
    In a moment you'll see
    that I'm still here beside you
    when you're thinking of me.

Julie Epp

14. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been where you are, and the tears are running down my face for you for Mitie Me.

My heart still hurts about my own loses with my pets, and I grieve with you.

I firmly believe we will be reunited with them one day......

God bless Hon...........

Shalom, Shirl
  15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss...

Some time in the future, I hope you change your mind like I did. I know it's hard, but I find the pain worth all of the wonderful days I've had with my animals.

I'll give mine some extra cuddles today for you.

I know though, I always said, 'never again' too....

Nancy B
  16. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

so very sorry, I know how hard it is and how empty your house will seem.

We lost our two old dogs and 18 year old cat within 2 years and the emptiness was so unbearable that we got another two kitties.

You still have your Cha Cha with you thank goodness.

You did the only thing you could for Mitie Me.