Mitral Valve Prolapse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Dec 6, 2005.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

All of you with MVP, what was your most obvious symptoms? Was it Tachycardia? Was it a feeling of not having enough blood supply in your system when upright with a feeling of no blood/oxygen in the brain? I had Tachycardia for years, I feel like that sometimes/often. My brother had Tachycardia for years, he wore a monitor for a week recently, the doc told him they need to do surgery on a sinus(?) in his heart. I would love to hear from you guys on the board.
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

This is a weird little problem we have .. I have read about it and it explained a lot of quirks that we have .. the extreme startle response ( I jump about 3 feet when some one walks into the room when I didn't see them coming ) We seem to be set on high alert all the time and it wears you out ! ..

The breathing thing .. going upstairs I'm huffing and puffing .. and I'm not in bad shape, so that was embarrassing to my poor ego ..
    Yes .. I feel like I don't have full volume blood going to all my parts ... but I may have a constricted artery on the left side of the heart .. supposed to have an angiogram to see for sure .. but I have put it off again and again .. CHICKEN !

I'm not on any medication for this condition .. other than antibiotics for dental work to make sure the pooled blood doesn't carry bateria and initiates an infection.
    You are supposed to have an echo cardiogram once a year to see if the leak is progressing or what not ..

I do get chest pain .. but some of that is fibro from what I understand .. it can get very confusing and stressful not knowing if something more is happening ...

You have a lot of company with this condition .. I'm sure others will add on to this thread. Keep researching and certainly ASK the doctors what ever questions you have !
    Good Luck
    Fudge : )
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2005]
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

4. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

For me the major symptoms are my heart races, and it sometimes feels like it will literally jump out of my chest.
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I've had strange symptoms with that for 30+ years. I jump at the slightest noise, my heart will begin to race for no reason or feel like its skipping beats or just beating really hard!

Here's a strange one -- I can't sleep on my left side. It feels like someone is smashing my heart. I can't even explain the feeling.

I wore the heart monitor years ago but doctors said my heart is strong.

I did find out this year I have lyme disease -- lyme can cause a lot of heart problems according to the lyme literature.

Sandy
  6. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

Hi.. I read somewhere that sleeping on the right side is far better and less stressful on your heart.....perhaps that's why you feel the way you do about the left side.....I try to limit left side sleeping as I think yoiur heart has to work harder...or something.....anyone else know?????
  7. tilla

tilla New Member

I have MVP but only symptoms I noticed was breathless going up stairs. We live at 6,000 feet in summer. I had an ooxygen test and I was deficiant, so went on oxygen at night. What a difference, no more pain. I now am in Phoenix with no altitude and my oxygen level is normal but I still sleep with the oxygen.

I have been able to stop taking cymbalta and have managed to lose some weight. It really has helped me.

Tilla
  8. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

I have mvp and a heart murmur, they found out i had this when i went in to er with chest pains. I was in my early twenties then. what is tachycardia??
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

Strange, I have tried to explain to doctors that I can't lie on my left side because I feel like I can't breath

Can MVP be diagnosed by an ECHO?