Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pcthayer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. pcthayer

pcthayer New Member

I have had MCTD for about 10 years. Lately it has started affecting my stomach and intestines. Does anyone else have this problem? The fibro, arthritis, raynauds, gastroparesis was enough. I've just had enough. When I have a flare up it's like I'm in labor and giving birth again. The pain is just horrible.
  2. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

called Marfan's Syndrome and I was born with it. I was always what they called double jointed and had growing pains but didn't know I had this problem until this year when the pain and joint problems got to be unbearable. Rheumatologist diagnosed me first then sent me to a genetic doctor which confirmed it with bloodwork, xrays and physical examination including measuring every part of my body. I have always had IBS. They say it goes along with the CTS along with FMS. Have been having a really bad flare since August. Longest I have ever had problems. Rheumy did a lot of bloodwork yesterday. Just waiting to hear what else is wrong. Pain is unbearable somedays and the crying spells is even worse.
    Stinker56
  3. pcthayer

pcthayer New Member

is an auto immune disease. It means you have a little bit of lupus, scleroderma, fibromyalgia, sjogrens, rheumatoid arthritis. It crosses across all the auto immune diseases. I'm wondering if anyone else has all the intestional problems?
  4. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

Oh yes I have MCTD that include lupus, fibromyalgia, raynards, arthritis, sjogrens, and sever gastic problems that are chronic. It is extremely painful. I have the same symptoms my sister had with crohns. When I eat I must know where the closest bathroom is because within 20 minutes I am running to the toilet with cramping and bloating that leaves me having chills sweating and extreme fatigue afterwards. It is not a good way to have to live.