Mobic -- Please share your side effects and results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by justlooking, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. justlooking

    justlooking New Member

    Over the past few months my migraine and tension headaches have become unbearable after having them somewhat under-control for the last couple of years.

    I went to my Pain Dr and informed him I wanted some Toradal (oral), which in the past was helpful with headaches when used along with pain meds. The Dr told me they didn't make oral Toradal and prescribed me Mobic. I knew for sure Toradal was made in pill form and even described to him in detail what they looked like and he argued that I was wrong (this is a new Dr in my pain clinic). I gave up because I thought maybe they had discontinued making it since the last time I had an RX for them about 4 years ago.

    So Mobic seems to be geared more towards Arthritis than headaches, which may also help with my FM, but I am ALWAYS reluctant to take new meds. My worst fears are heart palpitations and weight gain!

    I have read all of the material on Mobic, including side effects but I've found I get better information from others who have tried the drug. The problem with the literature is that they include every possible effect to minimize their liability. So if you can list the side effect you have had I would be grateful for your help.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Please also let me know if you have had good results for headaches or FM on this med.

    Sincerely
    JL
  2. Pianowoman

    Pianowoman New Member

    Mobic is an anti inflammatory drug as you said. I use it in conjunction with Imitrex for migraines. I don't take it all the time just when the headache is bad. The added effect seems to work for me.

    Kathy.
  3. Bambi

    Bambi New Member

    auras, can't take light etc. She has had to go get shot up with Morphine a few times just to stand it. She tried everything, and that newish product
    they have OTC, I think it's like Anacin or one of the old ones. They have a migraine forumla anyway. It has ended up being the best thing for her. Everyone here is different about meds and you may have already tried it, but for once with my daughter at least the OTC product works better than all the prescription meds.
  4. proteinlady

    proteinlady New Member

    There's a site called askapatient.com. You can call up a specific drug and read the reviews of patients that have taken it. It has some very useful info.
  5. justlooking

    justlooking New Member

    for your input. I haven't had a chance to check up on the answers today and respond to you. Now I'm off to bed and will check again and reply to you all tomorrow.

    Please feel free to continue to offer your advice and results!!
  6. justlooking

    justlooking New Member

    Thanks all for your commments.

    EtherealGirl- Are you taking it for headaches or for something else?

    Pianowoman- I can't take Imitrix or any of the Triptans as they give me heart palpitations. I take Fiorinal #3 for my headaches and it seems to work about 90% of the time but I need something to work in conjunction with it. In the past I have had Toradal, Indomethacin, Ketoprofin and a couple of other anti-inflamatory meds I have tried with the pain meds, though Toradal probably was the best, none of them have been great for headaches. I'm glad you've found a mixture that works for you...headaches, especially migraines are such a killer!! I will probably give the Mobic a chance and see what happens.

    Bambi- I used to just be able to take OTC meds to work on my headaches but as I got older the headaches got worse and fewer meds work on them. I have probably tried 50+ meds both OTC and Rx and only the Fiorinal #3 work on them, and even then only about 90% of the time. My hope is that I can find something to take in conjunction with the Fiorinal that will help the other 10% of the time. I'm so glad your daughter has found something that helps her, it can be a long road finding the right medication for headaches!

    Protienlady and Wamps... great suggestion. I will check out that website!

    Thanks again everyone for your insight and info. Still hoping for more info from other headache suffers who have tried Mobic.

    Sincerely
    JL
  7. Bailey-smom

    Bailey-smom New Member

    I have been on it for a few months - I take it for mu all over pain & head aches. I think it helps & I don't notice side effects (other than it drains my pocket book-hee hee).

    Good luck!

    Kelly
  8. Theresa03

    Theresa03 New Member

    I have tried Mobic twice now and it didn't do anything for me at all.....it affects us all differently. I didn't notice any side affects from it either. Hope your headaches get better....those are the worst :(