MOBIC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by schnoodle, Apr 14, 2003.

1. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

Hi there. My doc gave me Mobic to try. I have complained about pain for so long and have only been using Ultram or Ultracet. but since I figured out that Ultram was keeping me awake at night I don't take after about 3 in the afternoon. I have a lot of pain. I tried the Mobic and I thought that maybe in helped a little with the stiffness, but not the pain and in fact I thought the pain might be a little bit worse??????? Anyone out there know about this medicine and how it works and am I wasting my time. I wish I had some type of medicine that really took the pain away. I can't remember the last time I had no pain. It wears you down big time.
  2. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Mobic did help me at all neither did celebrex. If the Mobic doesn't work, you might ask your doctor if you can try Bextra. I don't remember what was different about this anti-inflammatory drug. I think there's some kind of difference in the compound of it. Don't quote me on it, but there is a difference my doctor said.

Isn't it funny how drugs effect each of us. Ultram knocks me for a loop and I pass out. Lortab wires me.

Hope you find one that works for you.

Tammy
  3. gumama

gumama New Member

Hi

My husband is a Lupus patient and his Dr just prescribed Mobic for him but added 50 milgs of Atarax twice a day and it has helped him a lot with the pain.

the Atarax helps keep the meds in your system longer ask your Dr to prescribe this for you .. it will make a difference.one good thing about the Atarax .. its very inexpensive I know so many drugs we take are not.

Sandy

4. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

Thanks for the replies. I have tried Bextra - didn't seem to do anything. I will ask about atarax. Thanks again.