Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rafiki, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

May we have a sticky with post regarding the History of ME, CFIDS and CFS, please.

I think it would really benefit new people if there was information which could bring them up to speed all in one thread.

I do NOT think it should be a discussion thread as that could get very long and confusing very quickly, but that's just me.

I think that there already exist posts which chronicle the history of this illness which could be posted to this sticky and PH could add new threads as warranted.

I know I am suggesting that work be done and that I am not volunteering. Sorry!

Edited to change title[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2009]
  2. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

I'm not volunteering either. We need someone who can/has researched the history of CFS/ME, has read hillary's book and has the physical and mental energies to do this. I congratulate you!

The only other suggestion i would make to the ME/CFIDS/CFS history is to include GWS as well. good luck!
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I agree that this would be helpful, but a lot of work....what about even just having some links in a sticky - like a link to Hillary Johnson's recent speech?
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

to put the ProHealth ME/CFS page link as a stick at the top of the page, it includes a hotlink to history of name and change, so that new members can inform themselves easily and quickly.

You know, a: READ ME FIRST kind of sticky to

I think a lot of people find the message board and never see the rest of the site. Putting this sticky at the top also serves the financial interests of ProHealth in that it takes people out of the board and onto the larger site where they would also discover the store.

It would also new people to leap right into ongoing conversations with the necessary information to join a dialogue in full swing.

5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I agree. :)

6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

There's very little difference between what I suggested and your more refined location. The link I suggest is the menu. Either would be fine.

I just think many new people miss a whole bunch of really relevant and helpful info.

Thanks all for supporting this!

Peace out!
  7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Andrew111 just posted a question about the current situation at the CDC regarding the term CFS and what it means.

Unfortunately, the article at the second link from ProHealth Library is several years old so doesn't answer his question. However, it would help people who are brand new and need very basic info.

Anyway, I put the basics link up and it would be great if a mod could stick it and it would be great if they could stick it in another colour.

I love Jorgie :eek:)

ETA I just took down my post because, on close inspection, I found the definition of ME (aka CFS) sadly lacking. It is remarkably CDC-like in its fuzziness.

PS I still love Jorgie![This Message was Edited on 06/23/2009]