Moderator help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1Candee, May 18, 2003.

1. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

Please tell me how I can change my log in name to something not so close to my real one. Thanx, Cat
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You must use the link at the bottom of the page to e-mail the webmaster in order to do this. Because our webmaster is so overworked, we ask that people only do this in case of security problems and not because they prefer another name.

No need to explain to me the reasons for your request. If it is a security problem, just e-mail the webmaster.

Love, Mikie
  3. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

Thanx Mikie for the info---saw no "webmaster" at bottom so I emailed tech support and customer service for this request. Hope this works! Cat
  4. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

For the same reason I got my name changed. However be ready that it may take time. (For me about 6 e-mail and 3-4 weeks).

You MUST give good reason for the name change, since it is forbidden in this message group.
    Good luck with it!
    Cheers,
    Sunny
  5. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

3-4 weeks WOW!! It's a privacy issue--when I started with the group I wanted help--was really sick, and info and didn't really give my user name much thought. It is my name--correct spelling and all--would be different if I were a Mary or a John, ya know? Thanx for your input--they say all good things come to those who wait LOL---could apply to my user name and our illness, hopefully!! Cat
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It just all depends on how busy the tech staff is. If they are involved in upgrading the website or troubleshooting, things like this naturally take a back seat. Hopefully, you will get your namechange sooner.

Love, Mikie