MODERATORS: MY POSTS NOT SHOWING UP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladykew, Sep 30, 2006.

1. ladykew

ladykew New Member

I have been reading the message boards for a couple of months or more, but have been in a really serious flare and have not had the energy to post. However, I have tried to post tonight three or four times and my messages are not showing up. Am I doing something wrong? I'd really appreciate your help.

These boards are all I have had during my long stay in bed, and I think I would have gone crazy without them. I would love to be a part of the community. My friends have left me since I became disabled and could no longer go out with them, and I'm very lonely.

The people here are loving, giving and kind, and they can give you a pick me up and a laugh just when you need it.
    I really need them, and I think I can contribute a lot as well.

If you could help me get involved, I would be forever
    grateful.

BTW, I have posted 2 or 3 times previously, and had no problems at all. But for some reason, tonight is not my
    night. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Peace and God's love surround you.
    ~~~Lew

2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Glad you managed to post tonight. Off to bed for me, but I wish you a good night. Sleep well.
  3. ladykew

ladykew New Member

When I post, under my name there is always in small letters and in red, [edit/delete]. I haven't found a way to get rid of it. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

~~~Lew
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2006]
  4. day2day

day2day Member

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    I notice sometimes it takes a few minutes for my posts to show up. If you click on your own name you will be able to see if your posts are working. I did see a few posts you did earlier, one of them was on a second page. Another reason you may not see your post is many people post on the board and it can get buried depending how busy the board is. I hope this info helps you.

As far as the edit/delete in red under you name, that is so if you decide you want to edit or delete your post you have that ability. When I see a post that I posted I have the same thing under my name.

I hope your flair lets up soon,
    day2day
  5. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Hi, Lisa!

Thank you so much for responding to my post. You are so sweet to take the time to do that even though it was your bedtime.

In your bio I read that you had a head injury prior to your CFIDS. I, too, had a head injury...a brain contusion. It was 15 years ago and happened in a major auto accident. It still shows up in MRIs.

I have wondered if this had anything to do with my CFIDS. I have had FMS for 20+ years, and CFIDS for about 10.

Surely tonight I will get some good rest. I've had insomnia for many days out of the 14 that I have been in
    bed. Thanks for the well wishes.

~~~Lew

6. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Hey, Lu! Thank you for responding to my post. I can certainly understand where this function is needed, but I don't see it visibe on anyone elses posts except mine. Do you know why that is happening?

THANKS!
    ~~~Lew
  7. petsrme

petsrme Member

It only shows up for you on your computer so that you are the only one who can edit it or delete it (aside from the moderators) Every person signed in sees it under their name, but nobody elses name. Glad to see your posts are posting now. Did you go and look in your profile to see if your posts are there? They could have moved off the front page and you just didn't see them.
  8. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Oh, yes, that helps ever so much. I'm learning by bits and pieces. One of these days I'll be an expert as long as fibro-fog is forgiven, and as much as I've read these posts, I know it is! ha-ha

This has been such a fun night for me. Thank you for responding to my post. You sound like a very sweet person and so willing to offer help. I was beginning to get a little down in the dumps, thinking no one would respond, and I got several responses. I love the warmth of this
    community.

Thanks again for all the tips. A newbie needs all the help she can get!

Peace be with you, and God bless you.

~~~Lew
  9. petsrme

petsrme Member

It took me quite awhile to figure out how things work here too and on a computer. I didn't know what bump meant and asked. Enjoy it here. It is so wonderful. Glad to have you join us.
  10. ladykew

ladykew New Member

I'm so glad you answered my post. Thank you so much. You have made me feel very welcome.

Your picture is beautiful. MyOhMy..what you have gone through! I, too, gained a lot of weight when I had Graves disease and they erradicated my thyroid with radiation. I lost down to just under 100 lbs (my normal weight was around 125) and after the loss of my thyroid, gained 10 lbs a month for 9 months. I even got up to 220 at one point.

I'm now down to 175, and hoping to lose more, but without exercise, it is almost impossible. And with my CFIDS, which is severe, the slightest thing puts me into flare.

I, too, was dx'd with Lupus three times, but my Rheumy says that I don't have it. Thank God! I have enough things, I certainly don't need that. There again, the
    Prednisone I had to take made me gain a lot of weight, so
    it has been up and down for me and very frustrating.

Don't give up on your Disability claim. They normally deny you three times before court, then you may even have to apeal that. I hired an attorney for my first court date and was awarded my Disability. But I kept every piece of paper, every MRI, every test, angiogram, etc.

You have plenty enough to be awarded the Disability that you deserve. Focus on what you can't do...not on the names of your disabilities. That is one of the things my attorney advised me. Good luck! May God bless you and be with you during this time of anxiety.

BTW, I love pets, too!

~~~Lew
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of friendly people here. I will look for your posts.
  12. ladykew

ladykew New Member

I always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks a lot for responding to my "newbie" messsage. I'm just now viewing it. Somehow, I got on these old pages and found your post. But I was in a flare for 19 days, so I'm not too certain of what was going on during that time...I'm sure I lost some time, but OH well...what can you do? Grin and bear it, I say. Will look for your posts as well.

~~~Lew