Modified Citrus Pectin removes heavy metals?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Jul 2, 2008.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All,

I have been looking into natural chelation of heavy metals and am wondering if anyone has ever used Modified Citrus Pectin? It seems to be a new gentle natural chelator which has been trialled.

I have posted the link to an article below:

There are lots of other pages. A trial was done on 7 people to remove heavy metals from the body and it seems up to 80% were remed sucessfully within approx 4-10 months. 7 people isn't many but as there are no side effects it appeals to me.

Dr Cutler's protocol scares me slightly in the fact that DMSA robs your body of all the other vitamins and minerals we need - especially as we are prob already deficient in many. Also the fact that I would have to wae twice in the night as it is every 4 hours when we really need to sleep to heal our bodies.

I would love for anyones views on any forms of natural chelation for mercury and poss nickel too? The only concern I have is would they be strong enough for us wth a high load of heavy metal toxicity?

Would the methylation protocol assist or what to do first? I'm running out of time as having my amalgam fillings removed on 14th July and keep reaching dilemmas.

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Jo!

I think the methlyation protocol would assist, judging by my experience with it.

I think the modified cirus pectin at least wouldn't hurt you. If it didn't help then it would just go on through. I like things like that.

By the way, modified citrus pectin is a type of soluble fiber. I've been using a different type of soluble fiber, and it's been working great for detoxing what I want to get rid of.

I can't handle most strong detoxing things, either.

Good luck!

[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2008]
  3. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

I think the key to the cutler program is to take the vitamins and minerals as supplements continuously while chelating so that the chelator doesn't deplete them. Also, he uses low doses on the half life of DMSA/ALA (every 3-4 hours for a few days, and then a break) so that there is less of a chance to redistribute the metals. I would not take large doses of DMSA or DMPS like some doctors recommend. You are much more likely to cause problems...
  4. jsmithpa

jsmithpa New Member

I would get a urine test for mercury before and after using the MCP to make sure it's really removing it.
  5. jsmithpa

jsmithpa New Member

One study in rats found that taking selenium with either DMSA or DMPS reduces the ability of it to remove heavy metals.

If you use DMSA or DMPS, I'd ask a doctor whether it binds to selenium to see whether you need to supplement it.

I don't know whether selenium would make MCP less effective.