Moducare for immune system (& PEM?)

Discussion in 'Immune Support' started by mbofov, May 21, 2013.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm going to post this on both the energy and immune system threads.

Moducare is a combination of plant sterols and sterolins in a specific ratio which is supposed to be very beneficial for the immune system (there are a lot of very good on-line reviews for this product). I recently started taking it for my own beleaguered immune system (chronic sinus infections), and it really does seem to be helping. Also, the price is reasonable, amazingly enough.

But it may benefit more than the immune system. Here's a link to a very interesting article about DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) which generally afflicts athletes who overtrain etc.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/south127.htm

I was struck by the words "delayed onset" - just like PEM. The article states that DOMS is caused by inflammation, unlike regular muscle soreness which is caused by microscopic muscle tears. If you read near the bottom of the article, it talks about systemic enzymes and plant sterols as agents to combat DOMS. The article also talks about plant sterols increasing T cell and CD4 activity, and decreasing levels of interleukin 6, an inflammatory cytokine - sound familiar? Just what we are supposed to be dealing with in connection with CFS.

I asked Rich Van K about this once, and he said that he thought CFS was a form of DOMS - though he never wrote about on the forum.

A couple of years ago I tried taking a systemic enzyme product and sitosterols with no effect, apart from some detoxing from the enzymes. So I gave up on this. But the Moducare does seem to be helping my immune system - it's noticeable. And from what I read, it's because of the combination of sterols and sterolins, which was not in the product I previously tried. So I am wondering (though don't dare hope yet) if it might be of some help in preventing or lessening the severity of my PEM crashes. It's too soon to tell. Also, I've restarted an enzyme product called Sorenzyme by Labrada, which I'm tolerating okay now, no detoxing.

I get sick every time I crash. I also get sick in between crashes. Anyways, if inflammation from exercise screws up my immune system and causes me to get sick as well as causing the crash, it seems to indicate the Moducare and the enzymes just might help with both these things.

I'm crossing my fingers though it seems to good to be true. But if the Moducare just helps my immune system, that alone would be a very good thing!

Mary
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Jam - thanks for your kind words. It will be very interesting to see if the Moducare helps you with some of your issues. I know the anatabloc has been a godsend for you, and am really happy for that - you deserve it too!

Mary