Moducare-Plant Sterinols

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Oct 2, 2005.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I have been reading that moducare will help balance the immune system to a TH1 side. This is what I am looking for. Has anyone here tried this and does it really help balance the immune system? Thanks
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Read a book about the immune system and this was mentioned as a fix for several immune system problems. I wrote it down but forgot about it. Will have to look into it again.
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

didn't get any results. of course, its probably one of those things you need to take for a year before getting any results. Can't afford that.
    Raz
  4. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I did a search on here and it seems it did not help most that tried it. Wish there was a guarantee w/these supplements where you would get your money back if it didn't work. I'm tired of spending money of supplements/drugs and doctors that dont help.
  5. jess

jess New Member

I first tried this when it came out some years ago. I had a reaction to it. I had violent itching and welts. Don't know if it was allergy or herxing but I had to stop. That's just one reaction though from one person. If it's not too expensive it may be worth a try. I have tried alot of things some good and some not so good. Jess
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

it's a lot cheaper and is one of the alternatives recommended for this. Stephen Buhner, in his book "Healing Lyme" recommends it except in later stage lyme when the IS may have become TH1 dominant. In the earlier stages of lyme patients are TH2 dominanat as are most who have CFS.

Stormyskye takes astralagus as part of her protocol; she has been making progress.

I used another sterol/sterolin rich plant extract that I thought was helping, it was recommended by my LLMD to strengthen and modulate my immune system. Only when I ceased taking it did I realise it was stimulating my IS too much.

Recently my IS feels more balanced, going down with a virus recently seems to have confirmed that, for the time being at least, it is switching as and when it should.

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2005]
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I was incredibly ill after taking only one Moducare capsule. Thankfully, I realized what was making me so exhausted and my legs and arms feel like they were encased in lead. It took 3 days to get out of my system and I gradually felt better over the 3 days. I gave away the $50 bottle of capsules.

My CFS doctor and my naturopath do recommend it to their patients with immune system problems. I just happened to have had a bad reaction although it could have been a major herx. Whatever, it was just too much for my system and I could not take it any more.

As Jess said, what happens to one person won't necessarily happen to you.

My sister who has FM took it and found no difference one way or the other.

Pepper
  8. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member