Mold Illness Diagnosis- side effect of welchol?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by blue89, Apr 20, 2017.

1. blue89

blue89 Member

Hello all,

I am new here and was wondering if someone could give me some insight. I have been sick over 3 years and my illness started rapidly after a miscarriage. Three years later and and numerous doctors later I got diagnosed with lyme disease.

I later went on to find another doctor who thinks my main problem is actually mold. All my shoemaker labs were out of whack, I failed vcs, and I tested the home I was living in that I knew had been water damaged. It came back as unsafe, and I also have genes mold susceptible.

So my doctor has started me on welchol. I cannot take csm as I have gallstones and my doctor is worried it will cause my gallbladder grief, but every time I go on it I get severe muscle pain and cramps in my legs, and my legs constantly tingle.

I thought it might be a coincidence, but the I ease off the meds it gets better, and when I start again it comes right back. My doctor recommended more magnesium due to my complaint of cramps, but it hasn't yet made a difference.

I was wondering if anyone else has had something similar on welchol?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Blue,

Welcome to our website. I'm glad you found us but am so sorry for all you've gone through. I looked up Welchol and it is a drug used to treat high cholesterol and, in some cases, high blood sugar. Is your doc using it off label for some other purpose? Here are some of the side effects listed:

Back pain; constipation; headache; indigestion; mild stomach pain; muscle aches or pain; nausea; sore throat; stomach upset; stuffy or runny nose; tiredness; weakness.

We do have a Lyme Forum here and Nanie46 is our resident go-to person for Lyme.

I wish you the best of luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. blue89

blue89 Member

Welchol is a binder used for mold.