Mold issue again!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    OK, I know in the past I've posted questions in regards to the mold in my place of employment, "well" we had thunderstorms here last weekend, and my work was 2" deep in water on the inside of the building, it stunk so bad!!!!

    When I arrived Monday afternoon the carpet cleaners were there cleaning the carpet, they said they put a disinfectant on the carpet to kill the mold but the place still reeks of mold, not as bad as the first day, but it still stinks, a few of my students have complained to my boss but he asked them NOT to report it, if they close the place down we won't be able to work! so no $$$ paychecks!

    However, one of my students boyfriends came in tonight and said there is a lot of mold in the building, and that it needs to be reported, he said that if you get the spores into your lungs that you will die within 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!

    Iam scared to death now, I want to know if you get mold in your lungs will you for sure die??????????????? I know it is serious, but ONE YEAR??????????????????????and it's death??????????????????????????????

    He said he IS going to report it! But I want to know if I am going to die now from this?????????

    Oh my gosh what next!???????????????

    Please if you know tell me the truth

    Love Doxy
  2. matthewson

    matthewson New Member

    Where is this boy getting his information from!? "You will die!" Please, don't listen to this. You will not die! Ordinary mold spores do cause allergic reaction for people who are sensitive to mold, but the bad one strachyborus (sp!) is the one that causes more problems and should be avoided but even that will not kill you!

    I would definately report it though. You should not have to work in these conditions. Where do you work anyway? I read in one of your posts that you didn't get paid! Sounds like this is definately NOT a good place to work!

    Take care and please don't worry so much. Sally
  3. brneyedgrl

    brneyedgrl New Member

    Mold can cause alot of health problems but I don't think you can die in one year from it. My dad has this problem and so did I about 1 year ago. It has caused my dad to have severe allergic reactions and GI problems. My daughter had acid reflux really bad from it. Doctor's couldn't figure out why one her age would have acid reflux. Once we moved away from it her reflux problem quit. It was a total nightmare. Mold seems to be a growing problem all over the place. I would want my work place cleaned up from this. Best of Luck.


[ advertisement ]