Molly Maids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Mar 16, 2011.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Has anyone here ever used their service and do you recommend them? I am in need of a bit of help keeping up with the house and was considering using them..just not sure.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Laura
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I havent used molly maids. when I looked into it they were a bit expensive.

Not sure if you have heard of Groupons? google it put in your state. great discounts for all kinds of things. Mine just offered 39.00 for 3 hrs of cleaning.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

and especially what they won't do. A long time ago I hired some franchise cleaning service to try them out - the person they sent was good, but they were not allowed to even move the couches to vacuum under them! And it was not cheap. I was much better off hiring an individual with references because they'll usually do whatever you need done, and usually at a much cheaper rate.

good luck... but buyer beware...
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I actually do subscribe to Groupon, but I haven't seen any cleaning service offerings in my area, but I will continue checking. Everybody around here seems to have a cleaning lady, and they are all booked solid. A few years ago, when I was really not feeling well at all, I had a cleaning lady for awhile, but she did not drive and I had to pick her up two towns away and then drive her home. That wore thin pretty quickly. I have been doing all my own cleaning since then, but I really do not want to do it anymore.

I do not want someone to do laundry or clean the kids rooms or anything tedious; I can strip beds and change sheets and do stuff like that myself. I want someone to come every two weeks and dust and vacuum my bedroom (which is always neat anyway) , heavy clean my bathrooms, clean the kitchen, do the floors and dust and vacuum the rest of the house. Hopefully I can find somebody soon!

Laura
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Laura and all - that is pretty much what I want done, the heavy things I cannot do, floors, bathrooms' etc. I would love to try and get someone to really clean and polish my kitchen cabinets. They are bad and need it reallly badly.

When I vacuum I never do the whole house at once, then leave the vac to finish the job another day. Sometimes by the time I get to it the front of the part done first needs to be done again :)!!

I need to go check Groupon but doubt if it is in my area. I would like someone to come every month or later that.

Hugz,
    Granni
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

Laura since Groupon came out there are alot of local sites offering the same thing. I live in Utah.

both local newspapers now offer these kind of discounts. also ck classifeds for people who clean. Like you I just need the heavy cleaning-floors etc. If you have a local area newspaper or college good ads there too.

jen