Molly Maids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Mar 16, 2011.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Has anyone here ever used their service and do you recommend them? I am in need of a bit of help keeping up with the house and was considering using them..just not sure.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I havent used molly maids. when I looked into it they were a bit expensive.

Not sure if you have heard of Groupons? google it put in your state. great discounts for all kinds of things. Mine just offered 39.00 for 3 hrs of cleaning.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

and especially what they won't do. A long time ago I hired some franchise cleaning service to try them out - the person they sent was good, but they were not allowed to even move the couches to vacuum under them! And it was not cheap. I was much better off hiring an individual with references because they'll usually do whatever you need done, and usually at a much cheaper rate.

good luck... but buyer beware...
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I actually do subscribe to Groupon, but I haven't seen any cleaning service offerings in my area, but I will continue checking. Everybody around here seems to have a cleaning lady, and they are all booked solid. A few years ago, when I was really not feeling well at all, I had a cleaning lady for awhile, but she did not drive and I had to pick her up two towns away and then drive her home. That wore thin pretty quickly. I have been doing all my own cleaning since then, but I really do not want to do it anymore.

I do not want someone to do laundry or clean the kids rooms or anything tedious; I can strip beds and change sheets and do stuff like that myself. I want someone to come every two weeks and dust and vacuum my bedroom (which is always neat anyway) , heavy clean my bathrooms, clean the kitchen, do the floors and dust and vacuum the rest of the house. Hopefully I can find somebody soon!

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Laura and all - that is pretty much what I want done, the heavy things I cannot do, floors, bathrooms' etc. I would love to try and get someone to really clean and polish my kitchen cabinets. They are bad and need it reallly badly.

When I vacuum I never do the whole house at once, then leave the vac to finish the job another day. Sometimes by the time I get to it the front of the part done first needs to be done again :)!!

I need to go check Groupon but doubt if it is in my area. I would like someone to come every month or later that.

6. 3gs

3gs New Member

Laura since Groupon came out there are alot of local sites offering the same thing. I live in Utah.

both local newspapers now offer these kind of discounts. also ck classifeds for people who clean. Like you I just need the heavy cleaning-floors etc. If you have a local area newspaper or college good ads there too.