Mollystwin Dar

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by budmickl, May 6, 2008.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I was reading on the depression board your comments on lyme and depression. I came to the lyme board to find out what some of the symptom are for lyme. I fit a lot of the symptoms described above. A lot but not all...

My doctor seems reluctant to do anything out of the ordinary for me. He is a great general doctor but like when I asked him about Armour thyroid, he fuu fuu'd the idea.

I am so sick and tired of being tired and sick and depressed. I don't want to be sick, but I want to be well so I keep looking for what could causing the fatigue, memory loss, dizziness, and so much more.

Do you think I should seek out a doctor specializing in Lyme?

budmickl
  2. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Let me jump in:

Does this sound like you? You can get it from mosquitoes, not just ticks, as well as blood, bodily fluids, etc. Only 30% of people ever get a rash, and it can take years for symptoms to worsen, or take another virus, stress, etc., to activate it. The tests are for the most common strain, but over 100 strains exist.

Books/Video on Lyme Disease
    Lyme Disease ( commonly misspelled as Lime or Lymes ) symptoms may show up fast, with a bang, or very slowly and innocuously. There may be initial flu-like symptoms with fever, headache, nausea, jaw pain, light sensitivity, red eyes, muscle ache and stiff neck. Many write this off as a flu and because the nymph stage of the tick is so tiny many do not recall a tick bite.

Lyme Disease, SYMPTOMS & CHARACTERISTICS, a compilation of peer-reviewed literature reports

The classic rash may only occur or have been seen in as few as 30% of cases (many rashes in body hair and indiscreet areas go undetected). Treatment in this early stage is critical. The Lyme Rash

If left untreated or treated insufficiently symptoms may creep into ones life over weeks, months or even years. They wax and wane and may even go into remission only to come out at a later date...even years later.

With symptoms present, a negative lab result means very little as they are very unreliable. Read here. The diagnosis, with today's limitations in the lab, must be clinical.

Many Lyme patients were firstly diagnosed with other illnesses such as Juvenile Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Reactive Arthritis, Infectious Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Interstitial Cystis, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Fifth Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, scleroderma, lupus, early ALS, early Alzheimers Disease, crohn's disease, ménières syndrome, reynaud's syndrome, sjogren's syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, prostatitis, psychiatric disorders (bipolar, depression, etc.), encephalitis, sleep disorders, thyroid disease and various other illnesses. see Other Diseases and Lyme...Relationship

If you have received one of these diagnoses please scroll down and see if you recognize a broader range of symptoms.

If you are a doctor please re-examine these diagnoses, incorporating Lyme in the differential diagnoses.

The one common thread with Lyme Disease is the number of systems affected (brain, central nervous system, autonomic nervous system, cardiovascular, digestive, respiratory, musco-skeletal, etc.) and sometimes the hourly/daily/weekly/monthly changing of symptoms.

No one will have all symptoms but if many are present serious consideration must be given by any physician to Lyme as the possible culprit. Lyme is endemic in Canada period. The infection rate with Lyme in the tick population is exploding in North America and as the earth's temperature warms this trend is expected to continue.

Symptoms may come and go in varying degrees with fluctuation from one symptom to another. There may be a period of what feels like remission only to be followed by another onset of symptoms.

Free Canadian Lyme Disease Brochure (a computer file for you to print)

PRINT AND CIRCLE ALL YES ANSWERS ( 20 yes represents a serious potential and Lyme should be included in diagnostic workup )
    Symptoms of Lyme Disease
    The Tick Bite (fewer than 50% recall a tick bite or get/see the rash)
    Rash at site of bite
    Rashes on other parts of your body
    Rash basically circular and spreading out (or generalized)
    Raised rash, disappearing and recurring

Head, Face, Neck

Unexplained hair loss
    Headache, mild or severe, Seizures
    Pressure in Head, White Matter Lesions in Head (MRI)
    Twitching of facial or other muscles
    Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
    Tingling of nose, (tip of) tongue, cheek or facial flushing
    Stiff or painful neck
    Jaw pain or stiffness
    Dental problems (unexplained)
    Sore throat, clearing throat a lot, phlegm ( flem ), hoarseness, runny nose

Eyes/Vision

Double or blurry vision
    Increased floating spots
    Pain in eyes, or swelling around eyes
    Oversensitivity to light
    Flashing lights/Peripheral waves/phantom images in corner of eyes

Ears/Hearing

Decreased hearing in one or both ears, plugged ears
    Buzzing in ears
    Pain in ears, oversensitivity to sounds
    Ringing in one or both ears

Digestive and Excretory Systems

Diarrhea
    Constipation
    Irritable bladder (trouble starting, stopping) or Interstitial cystitis
    Upset stomach (nausea or pain) or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)

Musculoskeletal System

Bone pain, joint pain or swelling, carpal tunnel syndrome
    Stiffness of joints, back, neck, tennis elbow
    Muscle pain or cramps, (Fibromyalgia)

Respiratory and Circulatory Systems

Shortness of breath, can't get full/satisfying breath, cough
    Chest pain or rib soreness
    Night sweats or unexplained chills
    Heart palpitations or extra beats
    Endocarditis, Heart blockage

Neurologic System

Tremors or unexplained shaking
    Burning or stabbing sensations in the body
    Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Weakness, peripheral neuropathy or partial paralysis
    Pressure in the head
    Numbness in body, tingling, pinpricks
    Poor balance, dizziness, difficulty walking
    Increased motion sickness
    Lightheadedness, wooziness

Psychological well-being

Mood swings, irritability, bi-polar disorder
    Unusual depression
    Disorientation (getting or feeling lost)
    Feeling as if you are losing your mind
    Over-emotional reactions, crying easily
    Too much sleep, or insomnia
    Difficulty falling or staying asleep
    Narcolepsy, sleep apnea
    Panic attacks, anxiety

Mental Capability

Memory loss (short or long term)
    Confusion, difficulty in thinking
    Difficulty with concentration or reading
    Going to the wrong place
    Speech difficulty (slurred or slow)
    Stammering speech
    Forgetting how to perform simple tasks

Reproduction and Sexuality

Loss of sex drive
    Sexual dysfunction
    Unexplained menstral pain, irregularity
    Unexplained breast pain, discharge
    Testicular or pelvic pain

General Well-being

Unexplained weight gain, loss
    Extreme fatigue
    Swollen glands/lymph nodes
    Unexplained fevers (high or low grade)
    Continual infections (sinus, kidney, eye, etc.)
    Symptoms seem to change, come and go
    Pain migrates (moves) to different body parts
    Early on, experienced a "flu-like" illness, after which you have not since felt well.
    Low body temperature

Allergies/Chemical sensitivities

Increased effect from alcohol and possible worse

I hope this helps!
    Bunny
  3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

This is great information! I have read what you explained and I have so many of the symptoms listed out of each section, WEIRD!!!

I remember in 1972 I had a tic behind my knee and on my butt. I wonder.....

I am going to print this out and take it to my doctor or one who specializes in Lyme and see if s/he will do the blotter test (?) to see if I can be helped.

A million thanks to you!!!

budmickl
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Thanks for responding. I don't want to be sick but I'm tired of being sick. Does that make sense?

I think I'll be calling my doctor this afternoon!

budmickl
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Looks like bunny got you some great information! Thanks Bunnyfluff!!

I think that anyone with CFS or fibro should be tested for lyme. Especially if you have anxiety and depression as well. I believe that there is something that is causing us to be sick. For many of us it's lyme. For others it's other stealth infections chemical sensitities, mold etc. Most of us have more than one infection/issue.

I had heavy metals that I took care of. I also have candida, thyroid, mycoplasma and CPN as well as lyme. I also do a parasite cleanse every 6 months. I am starting to really feel better. It's not easy and it takes time, but at least I am better and hope to fully recover.

I know what you mean about being sick and tired of beign tired, sick and depressed.

Never stop looking. I'm glad I didn't.

Take care,
    dar
    [This Message was Edited on 05/07/2008]