mom has cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KarenZee, Jan 12, 2006.

1. KarenZee

KarenZee New Member

Please lift up your prayers for my mother, Florence, who has bile duct cancer. She is a selfless woman who has catered to everyone else in her lifetime. The cancer is terminal, but we are hoping for radiation therapy to shrink the size of the tumor. Thank you all.
  2. Whosure

Whosure New Member

I am so sorry to hear this. My mother had this kind of cancer when she was 93. She declined treatment. It is a relatively rare form of cancer.

I had a wonderful conversation with her on a Sunday. She was optimistic, interested in the news, happy with her food in the nursing home, and was walking without a cane or a walker and felt good. By Wednesday she was in a coma, and by Saturday she was gone. I hope that there is little pain for your mom. The docs put a stent in to open the duct, and I think that cut the pain down.

Again, I am sorry. If she is like my mom, she will not suffer pain and the last days will be swift and meaningful to your family.

M2
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

So sorry you got this bad news. Make her as comfortable as you can--i know you know that.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Sending prayers out to you and your Mother. I'm so sorry to hear this news. G-d bless.

Hugs,
    Hopeful4
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry to hear your mom has cancer. Praying that the Lord wil heal her or at least give her more time. Don`t forget to take care of yourself, this is a very stressful time. I lost my dad to cancer. Look for the little miracles God will give you all to help you through all this.

Sandy
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Prayers are going up.. I've lost my entire family to cancer.. I know your pain.. My oldest living relative is my 49 year old sister.. Learn as much as you can and try to get help from hospice if possible.. Hugs and prayers
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Oh, I am so sorry! I will pray for Florence. I'll pray she has pain free quality time. Her goodness will not go unrewarded!

Take care,
    K.
  8. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Prayers for your Mom.

Your friend,

Kinsie
  9. KarenZee

KarenZee New Member

I do believe in the power of prayer and so does my mother. She will appreciate all your prayers.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You certainly have my prayers for your mom to have more time with you all. It makes me sad to learn that her cancer is terminal. Miracle do happen though.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family,
    Faye
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm hoping that by bumping this, it will attract attention for all those praying tonight for our weekly Prayer Nite vigil.

Love, Mikie
  12. mandy58234

mandy58234 New Member

I will not even begin to say that I know how you must be feeling. I do know I would be devastated. I now live with my mother, and we will both be praying for you, your mother and all those who you love. Mandy
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Please know that your mom, you and the entire family are in my prayers.

She sounds as if she is a very special woman. May God comfort and keep her close.

Gentle hugs,

Kim