Mom is scared about heart, reflects on my nerves. Help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedB, Jul 17, 2003.

1. RedB

RedB New Member

This board is such a wonderful source of knowledge. My mom (age 68) suddenly has developed in irregular heartbeat, and is having tests done. Doctors don't seem worried, but she calls me every day, and is very anxious. This, obviously, is not helping me, as I have enough anxiety of my own. Mom gets a lot of back pain, and I believe that my FM runs with her side of the family, and it is hard to convince her that the back has nothing to do with her heart.

Does anyone here know of any message board like this one that could help us get some knowledge of this problem? I did a search, but so many came up. I thought I would check with the best people I know.

Kathy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The best thing is to wait for the tests for your Mom to come back and see what is causing the irregular heartbeats. It could just be anxiety or something minor, you won't know till the tests come back anyway.

I had that problem last week, it just finally went away like it came.

Sometimes it could be from something you ate, your meds, anxiety, etc.

Try to stay calm, and not worry too much.

I would not get on a board for heart problems right now, it might just cause you and her more stress.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl

3. RedB

RedB New Member

You're probably right. She's definitely a worrier. I just re-read my post, and I realized I said she is 68. Cripe! Senior moment of my own there! She is 78.

Thanks,

Kathy
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Womens symptoms of heart problems are different than mens. Quite often back pain can be a symptom of a heart attack for a female, whereas men usually get the crushing chest pain and shortness of breath. I understand what your Mom is going through. Support her as much as you can until she adjusts to this new development. My MIL (74) also has the irregular heartbeat, that developed during knee surgery. She takes a medication for it and is fine and getting around better than I do!

Marilyn :)