Mom w/Alz in final days

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by MotherMary, Nov 11, 2004.

1. MotherMary

MotherMary New Member

Thanks to all of you who wrote with supporting has really helped. My mother became violent past week...I have bruises and scrapes from this sweet little lady. Went to the hospital Sun for help...she came home yesterday in ambulance, no longer walking, muttering and lost in her world, sleeping most of the time. Able to only get few sips of fluid or yogurt in her to get the tylenol/xanax/Alz med down...foley catheter. Sister here from Tn for the final days. Hospice set us up with a bed and supplies as did not want her to spend last days on earth in nursing home. Am hoping she soon will go to sleep and go home to our Lord and her beloved brothers and parents. Thanks again for the prayers and support. Noone but those of us who have lived with this disease can appreciate what we are each going thru. God bless you all.........mothermary
  2. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

my heart goes out to you...I have a Mother who is in a NH for almost 4yrs due to dementia and physical problems...Mom took a turn for the worse back on June 27, but somehow is still with us - bedridden, and when she is awake the confusion and "scare" that I see in her eyes just tears me apart...

I will keep you & Mom in my prayers, and hope she doesn't have to suffer much longer........
    God Bless.......Take Care.......Love, Donna
  3. btwrn

btwrn New Member

My mom also has Alz. disease. She has been diagnosed for almost 14 years. She is in the last stage and has been there for a few years now. We lost our Dad last November and we pray mom will join him soon.

My prayers are with you, your mom, and your family. God bless. Beth
  4. rielly

rielly New Member

Dear Mothermary, what a hard time this has been my prayers and thoughts are with you I'm going through the valley too and I need the lord to give me strength too. Rielly