mom2many...I have a question for you...thanks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, May 1, 2011.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

You haven't been on for a while but I hope you will spot this when you do visit again. I noticed on the MCS board you said that Midrin was your preferred choice for treating your migraines/ headaches... The post is from a while ago but I noticed that on the migraine board you said that Midrin was the only med to work on your headaches... I was looking into Midrin (was gonna as k my doc here in the UK) as I too am afflicted with these types of headache/ chemical sensitivity but during my online research I discovered the med has been discontinued in all its forms by the FDA with no plans to re-introduce. I wondered if you had found an alternative (that doesn't have weight gain as a side effect and won't make me feel a total zombie) to Midrin. If you have I'd love to know... If not I'd love to know what meds you are looking into as an alternative... Thanks so much... Hoping you are on soon as see this! Thanks so much! Shelbo :)
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know the answer to your question re Midrin, even though I used to take it for my migraines about 20 years ago!!! I took it as a preventative med so that I wouldn't get a headache.

There was another preventative med that I took for a while but I can't remember the name, but it made me so sleepy all day that I could not go to work! So, I had to quit taking it.

Then, the doctor put me on Prozac and I took it for a couple years until my insurance plan quit paying for it, then my doc put me on Zoloft and I took it until I retired from work.

I found that once I retired from my high-stress job and went thru menopause, that my migraines quit!!

Ask your doc about something like Zoloft, and have him/her check your hormone levels to make sure your migraines aren't triggered by hormones!!

Good luck.
  3. mom2many

mom2many New Member

Anyway, no I haven't found anything new for my headaches. The last time I was able to go to the Dr and get a RX for Midrin it was still available and there was big talk about a new generic coming out real soon. I don't know if that every happened. Best of luck finding something that works for you and please do post if you find something.