Moment to vent

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenn_c, Aug 11, 2008.

1. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I am 36 with FM, arthritis, tendonitis, PTSD, generalized anxiety and depression. My dad died on June 28th from earlyonset alzheimers. He would have been 58 on July 11th. I have been accepted for ss disability (good) but have had to give up my career as a direct care worker which I loved. Since my dad died I have had waves of depression like I have never experienced before.I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomache and feel like I am drowning. Then the flare ups of FM kick in. And on top of that, I live in New Hampshire and we have had soooooo much rain. We have had more in these summer months then we normally have all year. I do have a great husband and 2 wonderful children, and I feel so guilty for not being there emotionally for them. I am in therapy which helps somewhat. Sorry for the pity me note. Just needed to let this out. Thanks. Jenn
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Please do not apologize. That is certainly not a "pity me" note. You are going through A LOT!
    I am so sorry about the loss of your Dad. Believe me, when I lose my Dad, I'll be in a fetal position for a very long time I'm afraid. You are grieving!!!

Do NOT feel guilty about being there for your kids and husband - like I said you're going through a rough time, and as your kids grow, they'll understand that. You need to take care of yourself right now.

Rain, crappy weather doesn't help the mood I'm sure (or the body).
    Please feel free to 'vent' anytime.
    I'm sorry you're going through a very sad time.
  3. pink4

pink4 New Member

I know how you feel. My Mom passed away in Jan. and I have been in very bad shape. Don't feel bad about venting, because it helps and it's important to get it out. I find it so much easier to say things to someone I don't know. All my family seems to think I'll come out of all this. They don't understand and I can't blame them. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon.