(((((((((((momma dove))))))))))))

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Jun 15, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

please read my reply on the milityary wives i have a tip for you and your hubby....

jodie
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Thanks for the advice...

Fortunately a few years ago we were referred to someone in the DAV to see what, if anything, they could do...

We had a great guy, John Rogers, ask the right questions, push the right buttons and even his PCP (that he just met once) helped him get 100% benefits...I remember the day she sat us down and said to my husband, you may be too proud to ask for the $$$ you deserve, but I think you will agree, your wife deserves to have the security...He applied and followed the lead of the DAV and got his full award, backpay and all...Not for 20 years, but enough to make most of the parties happy...

Hubby was stationed at Governors Island NY on the Tamaroa (the ship from the Perfect Storm movie), he went to Cuba and did drug runs and search and rescue and saw lots of 'stuff'...

I am happy for you and your hubby, that your experiences were more positive...Sometimes it is what you make it,but in our case we just went with the flow...It's so hard for us both to have severe disabilities but as my other post said, we are so in love and there for eachother, that overrides all the negative things that have happened...

Thanks for taking the time to write me...We eventually be approaching the DAV again in the future to get him permanent and total status so our medical can be secure, esp. mine...I'm gonna need it...

Again, thanks so much Jodie, I enjoy reading your posts, nice to finally 'meet' you...~Alicia