Momof471 Electric zaps Does anyone else get them?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Mar 26, 2007.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

I have those, too!!! Especially in my head. Starts in the back of my neck and zaps over the top of my head...then I get lightheaded and have to lie down.

But I do get the sudden drop dead fatigue with and without these electrical zaps. Sometimes I feel the electricity all through my body.

It's weird and scary!!!

TerryS
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

Glad to know I'm not alone wiht some of these feelings. I get the fatigue without them also, butI notice I do get these zaps when I'm tired, they usually happen when I am lying down. I average about two or three a week of these on average, but when I'm really fatigued I notice is when I get these 'zaps' repeatedly. Mine start in my head and then go in a wave type feeling down my body and out my toes. When I'm really fatigued it happens over and over and that does scare me some. I'm in the process of getting authorization to a specific neuro who hopefully can help wiht this. I feel like I'm crazy when I try to describe it. I couldn't describe it until my trial with Xanax XR and I began to have the repeated brain zaps. Hopefully it is just one of the weird things that happen wiht this illness and not something else.

God Bless
  3. TerryS

TerryS Member

I had both a brain CT and brain MRI last fall. They didn't find anything but a PERFECT brain!!! (haha)!!!

Hope they don't find anything sinister going on with you...

TerryS
  4. momof471

momof471 New Member

Those are my feelings, I don't want anything to be found! I've got 4 kids to see grown and I would hate to have something more than this. Its comforting to know that your tests came out fine!

God Bless

5. coolma

coolma New Member

I get them. Don't know the cause but probably something to do with the nervous system as this is a central nervous system disorder. They aggravate but do go away. Never bothered being tested as I didn't know when they would "hit". No resultant long term damage. Just something "short wiring" I guess!